Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MindsEye Question

Exclamation MindsEye Question

Hello ALL,

New member, but an old timer when it comes to owning one of your machines, and I need your help.

I bought the MindsEye back in 89-90 and I need to make sure I have the correct power supply. Certainly wouldn't want to destroy my unit by using the wrong supply.

The unit had been sitting idle for some time.

The goggles (which look like ski goggles) foam around the mask were crumbling apart, so I glued felt around them last night. They look really good now.

Located the manuals and looked to make sure the power supply info was listed inside, NOPE nothing about what voltage/hz/watts. I think I have the right one but need to be for certain. The one I think is the ONE is 120V~60Hz 11W.

Is this correct?!?!?

I'm planning on using this during an Open Meeting coming up in a couple of weeks, however, I need to do some MindsEyeing before then, to ensure everything is working properly

Your help is greatly appreciated. I tried locating Robert Austin, but failed in my quest. And found that MindPlace had taken over his old Synetic Systems.

Oh and before I go, Mind machines have really advanced since I purchased mine. Now it looks as though you can carry them in your pocket. Mine looks huge in comparison

TIA,
    MagickMuffin

Default Re: MindsEye Question

I should have stated the Output, instead of the Input

The one I think is the ONE is Output: 7.5 VDC Positive ring.

Blog Entries

Hello MagickMuffin and welcome!

Do you mean the Mindseye Courier?

If so, that product had a rechargeable battery pack, which, if it has not been replaced yet, may not hold much or any charge by now.

I will however try to find out what the spec of the power supply is supposed to be.

-Andy.

Hello Andy, thx for the welcome!

Nope, this isn't the Mindseye Courier. It is labeled as the MindsEye Audio/Visual Synchronizer. It did not operate on any batteries at all. Just an input for the power supply. It measures 8.5" X 12" it is huge compared to the newer ones.

If you're still in contact with Robert Austin maybe he could help us with this issue.

Like I mentioned this was one of the first types of brain machines ever put on the market and we cough up $1000. to own one.

If I had the funds available I would really like to purchase the Procyon AVS. Perhaps we will be able to in the near future. Definitely thinking about applying for the affiliate program once we finish our website.

I took some pics and can email them to you along with my phone #, as I have tried calling but the phone hangs up before anyone answers it.

Peace,
    MagickMuffin

Greetings--

I think that 7.5 volt supply is the correct one, but honestly would need to locate. I designed that old MindsEye of yours, but that was 22 years ago... :-)

The MindsEye used the same sound chip that the old Commodore 64 utilized--still my favorite audio output from any light and sound machine. I wish such ICs were still available.

It was large, but pretty robust, and it did have outputs for two users, the ability to modulate incoming sound, etc. Glad your system has survived all these years!

-Robert

Hello Robert,

So glad that we found each other. We have taken really good care of your baby ;=D

Would the voltage be indicated on the mother board/circuit board?!?!?

Do you think it would be okay to try the supply we have without damaging the unit?!?!?

Like I mentioned in my OP, I'm getting ready to present this at an Open Meeting and need to make sure it is in excellent working order before then.

I did plug the adapter into the unit but didn't plug it into a wall socket, and it fit very snuggly.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

Blog Entries

So, I know it's been a while, but did the adapter you have actually work with the MindsEye?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

8. Default Re: MindsEye Question

Hi there Robert
    I have the same question, I misplaced my charger and it ended up in a pile of my different chargers.
    Any "input" as to what the chargers output is would be greatly appreciated.
    Would you be able to confirm that 7.5 output is the correct one?
    I would love to use my machine again...
    Thanx
    Alex
    Mindseye Courier.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Greetings--

I think that 7.5 volt supply is the correct one, but honestly would need to locate. I designed that old MindsEye of yours, but that was 22 years ago... :-)

The MindsEye used the same sound chip that the old Commodore 64 utilized--still my favorite audio output from any light and sound machine. I wish such ICs were still available.

It was large, but pretty robust, and it did have outputs for two users, the ability to modulate incoming sound, etc. Glad your system has survived all these years!

-Robert

I found a MindsEye supply! It's 12 volts DC, 1000 ma, center pin is ground. Plug appears to be 5 mm in diameter, 9 mm long. You might be able to get away with something in the 800 ma range...
    -Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    I found a MindsEye supply! It's 12 volts DC, 1000 ma, center pin is ground. Plug appears to be 5 mm in diameter, 9 mm long. You might be able to get away with something in the 800 ma range...
    -Robert
    the power supply that came with my mindseye (of ebay) is a commodore 9.5V 1A PSU.
    We were in contact indirectly via Regina mostly through your ebay account. Thank you for providing me with a copy of the mindseye manual.
    There are still some open questions. Such as what type of ski goggles were used to built those goggles? my machine was poorly packed by the ebay seller and the heavy machine and PSU crushed the foam and goggle frames into crumbles. the LED boards do work gladly. but I need to find affordable ski goggles to fit them in. does not make sense to buy high end uv filtration anti fogging and what not ski goggles if you use them for a mind machine lol.
    Last edited by Andy; 05-05-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Fix quotes

Thread Information