Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Greetings, all--

We do have a Laxman in our shop, and it seems to work fine with our Procyon 'frames. Differences could occur as battery voltage drops--blue LEDs tend to require higher voltage to operate than other colors, typically in the 3.2-3.5 volt range.

-Robert Austin

2. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Brand new energizers batteries in and the normal ganzframes are fine. Definitely the Laxman glasses at fault I think

3. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

When the color blue has ceased to function on the left side, I bent slightly glasses and blue worked again. In my experience the problem is of physical origin.
    There is a weakness in the wire in the center of the glasses. I do not think that is the level of voltage.

4. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Hi, as an owner of both Procyon and Laxman goggles, decided to try this test as well - so far i've found myself using mostly the Ganzframes because i prefer the sessions with eyes closed, so Laxmans were not getting much use yet, i don't think i bent them in half also.

I've tried session 8 at full brightness with Laxman goggles and left side has weaker coverage of blue indeed, tried it again with goggles on, and it was tanglible that way too. I was using AC USB adapter instead of batteries, so there should be sufficient power. So, it seems this can be a common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
    Hi, as an owner of both Procyon and Laxman goggles, decided to try this test as well - so far i've found myself using mostly the Ganzframes because i prefer the sessions with eyes closed, so Laxmans were not getting much use yet, i don't think i bent them in half also.

I've tried session 8 at full brightness with Laxman goggles and left side has weaker coverage of blue indeed, tried it again with goggles on, and it was tanglible that way too. I was using AC USB adapter instead of batteries, so there should be sufficient power. So, it seems this can be a common problem.
    I tried theis session #8 test with my new Laxman goggles and they worked fine. Same blue brightness on both sides. Using fresh alkaline batteries.

Cheers,
    TomC

6. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Replacement glasses fixed it for me, definitely had some faulty ones before.

Much more impressed now. Will try a few sessions with the Ganzframes and these ones too

7. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

I researched the available googles and found the Laxman's closest to what I had in an older pair (zytek?). Both allow open eye and generally feel great, however I too had problems soon after purchase in that the googles developed the same loss of blue intermitantly and then finally all the time. I contacted the Neutronics and they contacted the mfg who is sending a new pair which is great.
    Now I'm wondering if this is a problem that needs to be addressed by the mfg because at the price of the system I'd hate to think I'll have the same problem again. And yes, I took care of them, did't bend them and generally made sure not to fold them. Hate to say it, I'm worried.

While I have not had any problems with my laxman googles, I don't personally like them. I find them too heavy and uncomfortable.

The Procyon glasses are a lot more comfortrable and are very good in my opinion.

Cheers,
    TomC

9. Default Re: Procyon with Laxman goggles

Thanks for your opinion. Is it possible to buy the Procyon glasses separately? I have another AVS machine, Proteus. I believe there is an inherent design flaw with a google system that has weakness across the nose bridge housing of right eye/left eye wiring if the same google is built to be held on my stretch straps. Seems like its asking for problems if not properly secure.
    That old pair of googles I had 15 or so year ago folded in half and about the size of a good pair of ski googles (of that time). They failed at the nose bridge also.
    But still years later I love the cool blues and greens, hope they help with SAD but just enjoy the relaxation also.

Yes! I have all manner of MindPlace glasses, some very successfully dismantled and fitted into other viewing configurations. If you have the Proteus, the Procyon glasses won't fit, but a Procyon can use Proteus glasses with an adapter. The MindPlace glasses are almost indestructible (they might break if you sit on them). The Procyon glasses do, of course, work with the Laxman, which is where, I believe this thread started

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information