Thread: Mark favourites?

Default Mark favourites?

HI,
    I don't know if there is still any development regarding the firmware for Kasina.
    I downloaded lots of Spectrastrobe Tracks and would absolutely love if there was a way to mark favourites.
    Is there such a function I just didn't see or is there any update planned at one point / would that be something anyone else except me would appreciate?
    Cheers,
    Jens

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mark favourites?

Hey Jens;

Make a folder on your ?SD card called "Favourites", and copy the tracks you want into there, in whatever order you like.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Mark favourites?

If there is still firmware development, support for .lnk files would be awesome. It would allow you to write programs that could create arbitrary views of your files easily navigable from Kasina, without using more than a few KB of extra space.

So, for example, you could keep your normal file hierarchy but also have one that had files organized by length, name, AudioStrobe vs SprectraStrobe, files with certain keywords handled in a specific way etc.

Current workaround for this is to just get a big MicroSD card and have multiple copies of all the files. Which works but feels wasteful and limits the number of alternative hierarchies you can create.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mark favourites?

With 128gb micro-SD cards costing $10 and 256gb $20, multiple folders with copies of files isn't really "wasteful" anymore. I think you'd be hard pressed to even fill a 32gb card. :-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information