Thread: Protocols for procrastination

1. Question Protocols for procrastination

Hello all, I got a Kasina this week, and it has been a fun experience so far.

The main reason why I got it is to improve my procrastination at work. It's not ADHD-related, but at work, I tend to procrastinate to the limit, until the adrenaline and (sometimes severe) anxiety kick in and force me to focus. It's not that I do it on purpose; unless a big, dangerous deadline is looming, I catch myself thinking that I am actually hitting a brick wall and cannot focus on my tasks. (This then cascades to stress and anxiety, but I'd rather treat the cause rather than the symptom.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how AVS could help with procrastination?

I searched the forum but I did not find anything too relevant.

Many thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Protocols for procrastination

Hello and welcome!

I think you might find this discussion useful:
    https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...and-Addictions
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Protocols for procrastination

Hello Andy, good to be here! There is a wealth of knowledge. I can't wait to start exploring what other things can be achieved once (if) I manage to improve my main use case.

I had a look at the thread you suggested, but it was mainly about addiction. It only mentioned that "I strongly suspect there's a lot of people trying to treat themselves for ADHD who should actually be looking at non-pathological laziness and procrastination - AVS can be helpful for either, but the strategies are very different." However, unless I missed something, it did not go ahead to discuss the strategies for non-pathological procrastination.

If you have any suggestions (or if I missed something), please let me know.

My initial strategy is to do the gamma sessions (i.e., gamma rejuvenation) once a day. My theory is that if I can train my brain to get into concentrated mode, it would be able to reach that stage easier on its own at some point. As a side point, on average and at a high level, how long would it take to see some difference (of course, with all the caveats that every brain is different)?

4. Default Re: Protocols for procrastination

Hello, I added a reply, but it is marked in red background. Does this mean it it not posted? Sorry for the basic, admin question. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by opali0s View Post
    Hello, I added a reply, but it is marked in red background. Does this mean it it not posted? Sorry for the basic, admin question. Thanks!
    New users are moderated until they've done a couple of posts. It's a method to try and slow down the infernal bots that plague forums like this. I wish it wasn't necessary, but the the good news is you've passed that threshold and posting should be normal now for you.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Protocols for procrastination

Many thanks Andy! Makes sense and good to now that I was not doing something wrong.

But have taken focus away from my question ��

Would you know if there is anything else in the forum around helping with procrastination? Does my plan for gamma sessions sound reasonable or is it misguided? ��

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by opali0s View Post
    Would you know if there is anything else in the forum around helping with procrastination? Does my plan for gamma sessions sound reasonable or is it misguided? ��
    Sorry, I'm not an expert on such things. Hopefully someone else will jump in with some suggestions.
    In the meantime, go with your gut and give it a try. Everyone is different so what works for some will not work for others, and what works best for you will be unique. Spend some time experimenting to see what works for you!
    -Andy.

Thread Information