Thread: Pre purchase questions

1. Default Pre purchase questions

I?m 69, have struggled for years with the Monkey mind. Anxiety, obsessive worrying, stress, etc. I am able to fall asleep but very often unable to get back to sleep once the Monkey has awakened. I have not looked to prescription drugs for help, I do smoke cannabis which helps. The anxiety, worrying, stress and lack of sleeps has brought on a variety of physical ailments (my personal diagnosis). Thirty to forty years ago I had a system similar to Kasina, had glasses with lights, headphones and an iPod like unit all in a black soft case, I think it stopped working and didn?t look for a replacement, wasn?t as awake of my Monkey back then. I?ve tried to meditate on my own and using YT guided meditation with very limited success as I have a very old and stubborn Monkey mind.

I think the Kasina Deep Vision bundle will help with my old Monkey mind but have a few questions.

How do others use the Kasina to help with insomnia?

Do you find you need to use it in the middle of the night? Seems you could easily damage the glasses if you wore them while sleeping.

Are there programs you can experience during the day or right before bed that will help with insomnia?

How often do people use the Kasina?

Can you use it too much?

I also find that while sitting in my chair relaxing that I recognize that many of my muscles are tense and my shoulders shrugged. I assume I should be able to find a program to run and fix this.

Thanks for your help.
    Monkey Mind

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pre purchase questions

I'm 69, have struggled for years with the Monkey mind. Anxiety, obsessive worrying, stress, etc. I am able to fall asleep but very often unable to get back to sleep once the Monkey has awakened. I have not looked to prescription drugs for help, I do smoke cannabis which helps. The anxiety, worrying, stress and lack of sleeps has brought on a variety of physical ailments (my personal diagnosis). Thirty to forty years ago I had a system similar to Kasina, had glasses with lights, headphones and an iPod like unit all in a black soft case, I think it stopped working and didn't look for a replacement, wasn't as aware of my Monkey back then. I've tried to meditate on my own and using YT guided meditation with very limited success as I have a very old and stubborn Monkey mind.

I think the Kasina Deep Vision bundle will help with my old Monkey mind but have a few questions.
    I'm sure it will. The great part is that if you purchase it directly from MindPlace, you have up to 60 days to try it out, and if for any reason you're not completely delighted with the results, you can return it for a full refund. Risk-free purchase!

How do others use the Kasina to help with insomnia?
    Are there programs you can experience during the day or right before bed that will help with insomnia?
    Here's some threads on that subject:
    https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...light=insomnia
    https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...light=insomnia

Do you find you need to use it in the middle of the night? Seems you could easily damage the glasses if you wore them while sleeping.
    Some threads on that subject:
    https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...ighlight=sleep
    https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...=glasses+sleep

How often do people use the Kasina?
    Can you use it too much?
    Every person is different. Use your trial period to determine the best result for you. You cannot use it too much, but you'll want to find what the minimum time that's required will be. This time will reduce as your brain gets more accustomed to going into the state that you're encouraging it to go to. It's not uncommon for people when first trying the device to get no results, and then after a few more days start to fall into the pattern until they eventually get very quickly to the state their trying to achieve. It's call "Brain Entrainment" for a reason!

I also find that while sitting in my chair relaxing that I recognize that many of my muscles are tense and my shoulders shrugged. I assume I should be able to find a program to run and fix this.
    Relaxation programs will be your friend there! :-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Pre purchase questions

Thanks Andy, great info. Yes I was planning on buying from MindPlace. Time to check out the links

4. Default Re: Pre purchase questions

Well of course today is a holiday, the day I ordered the Kasina bundle. Have read the manual, very comprehensive and written by someone who has used the device and knows how to explain the use to new users. Also have a SoundCloud MindPlace account. My wife has accumulated over 14,000 songs from all over the world, looking forward to exploring some of those songs for sessions. Also looking forward to downloading sessions from SoundCloud. Hopefully it will get to me by the end of the week, I’m in Arizona. Most of all I’m looking forward to the possibility of being happy ��, wouldn’t that be nice.

Thread Information