Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color organ feature wanted

Default Re: Color organ feature wanted

When I first read about the Procyon AVS, I too was under the impression that it created a sort of color organ effect in time to the connected music (rgb, not just the audiostrobe). Further, when the sales literature said it had a 16-bit DAC, I *assumed* that it connected to the USB port of the computer and acted as a virtual audio driver (sound card), allowing pure digital sound from the computer, as well as the "color organ."

It was only after receiving my Procyon that I realized that it was mainly intended as the "entrainment" device that was pointed out in an above post, but that hasn't stopped me from trying to create a color organ. Look for some of my postings on this forum and you'll see that I've created a couple of hardware interfaces that connect the Procyon to high power RGB LEDs. Though I didn't have much luck with the Recom DC-DC converters (with the Procyon unit), the linear circuit worked great, and I use the Recom DC-DC converters for RGB lights on my robot.

If all it takes is a small firmware tweak to allow RGB colors to flash to different frequencies in the music, then I'm all for it! In the meantime, if anyone wants the circuit for a very cool digital LED color organ, let me know (it's an old design but is very cool).

Best,
    --Scott Thompson

Default Re: Color organ feature wanted

Quote Originally Posted by craighome View Post

I used to use the colour organ feature on my previous mind machine.

It was quite fun and gave some good effects, it would be nice to see it included again sometime if possible

That sounds like a great feature and it's been around 4 years since this topic was last discussed. Who know's perhaps it could be a reality really soon wouldn't that bee cool!

Thread Information