Thread: Hi Everybody. Which is your favorite session?

Default Hi Everybody. Which is your favorite session?

Hi guys! I took delivery of my Proteus yesterday. Only had a few miutes to use it last night but i think i'm going to be using it a lot. As the title says i'd love to hear from all of you which is your favorite session.

I have a few other questions which it would be great if anyone could help me with.

I find that i have to have the brightness turned almost full on to get the best visuals, with the brightness set about half way i hardly get any visuals. Is this normal?

I'm intrigued by the random function. Has anyone used it and got a session they wouldnt normally try? what was the result?

Does one session feel the same each time you use it - or does it feel different depending on, say, your mood or expectation?

How do the user created sessions you can download compare with the pre-set ones? Is there anything that you really like, or something which is different from the pre-set sessions?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Default Re: Hi Everybody. Which is your favorite session?

Hi Lucy, welcome. Though I've bought a Procyon since my Proteus arrived (pure greed I have to admit) I still really like the Proteus and use it 3 or 4 times a week. My favourite is session 29. It just really agrees with me. When I'm too tired, I nod off, but mostly I stay awake to enjoy all of it and feel relaxed and clear-headed afterwards. The experience is similar each time, but not identical. I've never tried homebrew sessions, can't comment on those.

Hi Lucy,

Creative Visualisation sessions are my favourites when I just want to kick back and enjoy.

I find that the visuals vary enormously with brightness. Ambient lighting makes a big difference too - a dimly lit room helps enormously. Bright is impressive, but I also enjoy the subtleties of dimmer views. In a dark room, with the brightness set very low so that color vision is lost, and it all becomes a shimmering grey, can be quite interesting - apart from anything, this has the effect of changing the eye's primary mode from rods/cones to rods only - don't know if this has any significance, but it's fun to play with physiology.

Random sessions can be really good. I often use them to accompany ordinary music or other content when I can't be bothered writing an Audiostrobe track. Random stimulus provides a good, general purpose workout for the brain.

Mood and expectations are a huge influence - it takes time to get the hang of letting go and letting the session guide your thoughts.

Enjoy!

Craig

Blog Entries

My favorite sessions are #: 8, 10 & 20. That is Mind Sauna, Regeneration and Concentration.

I'm really enjoying the new Alpha program that I recently added as well.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Hi Everybody. Which is your favorite session?

i like P29 very much. its name is afternoon break, as its name suggests it's perfect for afternoon naps. it refreshes me. and P23-27 are good as well. but i have one question. the seller who sold proteus to me said when the frequency of my brain is the same to proteus i won't hear the sound from proteus. is it right? i have bought my proteus for over 1 year, but i can alway hear the sound.
    i will appreciate it if anyone can tell me the answer. thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan0214 View Post
    The seller who sold Proteus to me said when the frequency of my brain is the same to Proteus i won't hear the sound from Proteus. is it right? i have bought my Proteus for over 1 year, but i can alway hear the sound.
    i will appreciate it if anyone can tell me the answer. thanks in advance.

It's not true.

It is the pulsed tone that has to do with entrainment, not the pitch of the tone and matching frequencies does not cancel out pitch. (Andy ... Craig ... feel free to jump in with a more technical explanation.)

At any given time, your brain is transmitting frequencies in all of the ranges - however, one range of frequencies (Beta, Alpha etc.) should be more predominant than the other three (depending upon what you are doing, time of day etc.). You can generally deduce which frequency is dominant by how you are feeling. If you wanted to know for sure, you would need an EEG.

An AVS machine can coax your brain waves to go in a general direction which will be to a desired range of frequencies. No machine can make your brain match the exact frequency for more than a few seconds (if at all) but what you can achieve is a more general area with a range of frequencies (for example - Alpha).

Can you please PM me the name of the seller. I want to make sure that the seller (if they are an authorized dealer) has the correct information about how these machines work.

Thank you so much for bringing this question up.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: Hi Everybody. Which is your favorite session?

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Can you please PM me the name of the seller. I want to make sure that the seller (if they are an authorized dealer) has the correct information about how these machines work.

Thank you so much for bringing this question up.

M.
    Thank you very much for your answer. And I'm happy that you can understand me. haha…… I'm in China, i bought my proteus from a purchasing agent, I'm not sure whether he is an authorized dealer.
    oh i remember when i bought my proteus the seller asked me whether i needed another 45 sessions which he got from the American corporation. I said no because i thought i was a beginner i needn't so much sessions. But now i want these sessions. i doubt whether i can download them from this forums. and i saw "complex sessions" on http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm
    I'm eager to whether they are similar.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ivan0214; 01-26-2010 at 02:24 AM.

8. Default Re: Hi Everybody. Which is your favorite session?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Hi guys! I took delivery of my Proteus yesterday. Only had a few miutes to use it last night but i think i'm going to be using it a lot. As the title says i'd love to hear from all of you which is your favorite session.

I have a few other questions which it would be great if anyone could help me with.

I find that i have to have the brightness turned almost full on to get the best visuals, with the brightness set about half way i hardly get any visuals. Is this normal?

I'm intrigued by the random function. Has anyone used it and got a session they wouldnt normally try? what was the result?

Does one session feel the same each time you use it - or does it feel different depending on, say, your mood or expectation?

How do the user created sessions you can download compare with the pre-set ones? Is there anything that you really like, or something which is different from the pre-set sessions?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

May fav is P43 for preparation of sleep as well as P12 for a break. I prefer short sessions. If I have more time, I spend it doing classic meditation without my Proteus. However, I often use do a USR Session first somewhere in the ALPHA Bandwith to have a better start.
    Last edited by Andy; 03-19-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Fixed Font

Thread Information