Thread: ThoughtStream Sensor

Default ThoughtStream Sensor

We ordered the Thoughtstream with Mental Games on 10/23/08. The censor currently appears not to be working correctly. It stays at a constant red on level 8 unless you move your hand. That is the only time we can get the level to decrease. We?ve had this problem with at least 3 people now. Any suggestions? The censor looks perfectly normal and the system has not been used hard.
    Last edited by Andy; 06-23-2009 at 05:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: ThoughtStream Sensor

Did you find that is was working properly when you got it and now it's not, or did it always work this way?

Sometimes if people have very dry hands the sensors don't work as well. Make sure they're tight and that you run the calibration with them in place (when you first switch on the console). Here's thread of suggestions:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=375

Let me know some more details if you can.

-Andy.

Andy

It worked properly when we first bought it. I did dampen my hands and that caused the sensor to work normally. We did not have this issue before, do you think that the summer time has caused hands to be more dry? I'm just confused because this happened with a few individuals who it had worked on previously. Could it be the sensor is not as sensitive as it once was and now needs some moisture to improve the signal? The more moist my hands were, the more rapidly the levels declined. Could it be that too much moisture impacts the sensor to interpret a deeper level of relaxation than really exists?

Blog Entries

Have a look at the thread I linked to you above. The suggestion there is conductive hand cream, not water.

The CHANGE is what's important, not the initial conductivity level, so starting with a higher conductivity (with cream on your hands) will just set the base level differently than with dry. The readings will show the correct amount of relaxation from that point, as long as you let the TS calibrate at the beginning when you switched it on.

I can't say why things have changed for you, but it sounds like hands are dryer now than they were before.

-Andy.

Thread Information