Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audiostrobe MP3

Blog Entries

Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

So you followed the adjustment procedures as per the documents I linked to you?

You still can go into the editor and raise the gain there. Under Utilites/Set Audiostrobe colors and balance.

A better MP3 player wouldn't hurt though. Make sure you buy it somewhere that allows returns in case it doesn't work out.

-Andy.

2. Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys,

I think the device is now working, I think got myself an IRiver E100 and the LED's are light up and flashing at a variable rate. The audiostrobe set I have the is collection volume two, Brain Scan and Requirem Eternal Elements. The only LEDS that light up are the green and red ones is this normal would have thought their be more variety.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofhorus View Post
    Hi Guys,

I think the device is now working, I think got myself an IRiver E100 and the LED's are light up and flashing at a variable rate. The audiostrobe set I have the is collection volume two, Brain Scan and Requirem Eternal Elements. The only LEDS that light up are the green and red ones is this normal would have thought their be more variety.

Thanks.

Ya, AudioStrobe only controls 2 light channels at a time. On my Procyon I use the editor utilites to add the blue light to the green one (just check the box so you have green and blue on one side and red on the other). This seems to give AS a bit more colour variety and when used with NP2 AS sessions it gives a nice soft white colour when all sides are flashing at the same time.

Cheers,
    TomC

4. Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys,

Thanks TomC and Andy the Audiostrobe is working now the patterns on Brain Scan and Requirem blew me a away.

Thanks again for all your help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofhorus View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks TomC and Andy the Audiostrobe is working now the patterns on Brain Scan and Requirem blew me a away.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Ya, that Requiem AS CD (or mp3 download) really blows me away too. I think that the Brain Scan one is OK but seems a bit boring to me Like many of these AS CD's the eye is in the beholder in my opinion.

If you like AS patterns, you should check out their CD (or download version) Fractual Dance. AS says that this was their very first AS CD release and in my opnion it produces the best light patterns (and also very good 3D sound). Since this was their very first release I think they attempted to show the full capability of 2 channel AS, which I think they have done a very good job.

Just my personal preference, but I think that most AS titles(I have most of them) 'look' a lot better with monocolour glasses (red works best for me, but white is also very good) where the channels go to each left/right eye separately. I'm not sure, but I think that AS was originally designed to work with separate left/right red led glasses which were initially the norm.

Mindplace has monocolour glasses (very comfortable too in my opinion) that work great with their Sirius and Proteus machines (the Procyon requires a Mindplace adapter to use these glasses though). If you have a MindExplorer L&S Synergizer (AS decoder only machine) you just need to flip the glasses switch to top=LR, and bottom=R.

I really find most AS titles are very 'entertaining'.

Cheers,
    TomC

Thread Information