Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audiostrobe MP3

1. Smile Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys/Gals,

I've been trying to rip a set of audiostrobe cd's to mp3 to a small portable mp3 player for sometime now no matter what I try it doesn't seem to work. I don't have a CD player and the sound card on my PC doesn't seem to work.

Current Settings:
    MP3 320KB Constant Bit Rate
    Frequency 44100 KHZ
    Dual Channel.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofhorus View Post
    Hi Guys/Gals,

I've been trying to rip a set of audiostrobe cd's to mp3 to a small portable mp3 player for sometime now no matter what I try it doesn't seem to work. I don't have a CD player and the sound card on my PC doesn't seem to work.

Current Settings:
    MP3 320KB Constant Bit Rate
    Frequency 44100 KHZ
    Dual Channel.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Your mp3 file settings are the same as mine and I have not had any problem ripping these CD's. Your mp3 player might be the problem. Some do not output enough power to drive Audiostrobe. Also, check that your mp3 player does not have an Equalizer turned on as it might mask the audiostrobe signal. Good luck with this.

Cheers,
    TomC

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome!

If Tom's suggestions don't work, here's another thread that might lead you to the answer. If not, please post back!

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=708

Also, are you able to AS to work properly with the CDs directly?

-Andy.

4. Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys,

For Andy's comment I don't have a CD Player just a DVD-ROM on the my PC. I've read on these forums that normal soundcard create to much noise to be used for audiostrobe, I've tested it and that true the lights turn on but nothing much else really appears just a bunch of colour fuzz. Proycon I have is out of the box about 2 weeks a Rev 2.

Thanks, I try that equalizer option when I get chance that TomC suggested.

Additional: These are the frequency specs of my MP3 Player

Frequency Response: 20Hz~20KHz
    S/N Ratio: 85dB
    Last edited by eyeofhorus; 05-21-2009 at 08:49 PM.

5. Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys,

I can't turn off the equalizer option on my MP3 Player. Are their any external sound cards or Mp3 players you would recommend to buy that are proven to work properly with the audiostrobe MP3's?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Hi Guys,

I can't turn off the equalizer option on my MP3 Player. Are their any external sound cards or Mp3 players you would recommend to buy that are proven to work properly with the audiostrobe MP3's?

Thanks.
    I don't know which ones, but I've heard that some do not go loud enough. If the OS on your Procyon is 2.1.4, you can try the analogue AS mode and increase the sensitivity by turning up the volume control on the console.
    See here:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=544
    and
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=550

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I don't know which ones, but I've heard that some do not go loud enough. If the OS on your Procyon is 2.1.4, you can try the analogue AS mode and increase the sensitivity by turning up the volume control on the console.
    See here:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=544
    and
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=550

-Andy.

As Andy says here, you really need to make sure your Procyon AS is in Analogue, not Digital mode and use the Procyon volume control which acts like an AS gain control (higher, the brighter the lights). Try this first for sure.

My mp3 player is a pretty low cost (~$60) iriver E100 (2gb internal and 2gb external memory) and it works very well although I do have to crank up the volume a bit on some AS tracks, esp. ones that I've made with NP2 pro software.

Sorry I cannot advise you on a PC sound card because I do not like using session via my PC, just my mp3 or mainly my portable CD player. However, I have tried it with my C-Media (soundblaster 32 clone?) PC sound card and it seems to work fine.

Cheers,
    TomC

8. Smile Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support so far TomC I don't quite get what you mean by the following "As Andy says here, you really need to make sure your Procyon AS is in Analogue, not Digital mode and use the Procyon volume control which acts like an AS gain control (higher, the brighter the lights). Try this first for sure."

The OS I'm currently running is 2.10 would I need to upgrade to 2.14 to find this feature. When I am trying to use the audiostrobe mp3 the mode of the Proycon is set AS.

Also does anyone have the factory archived sessions for the Rev 2 console the only one I can find on the support website is for the Rev 1 console at least that what the file says Procyon rev 1.PRb.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support so far TomC I don't quite get what you mean by the following "As Andy says here, you really need to make sure your Procyon AS is in Analogue, not Digital mode and use the Procyon volume control which acts like an AS gain control (higher, the brighter the lights). Try this first for sure."

The OS I'm currently running is 2.10 would I need to upgrade to 2.14 to find this feature. When I am trying to use the audiostrobe mp3 the mode of the Proycon is set AS.

Also does anyone have the factory archived sessions for the Rev 2 console the only one I can find on the support website is for the Rev 1 console at least that what the file says Procyon rev 1.PRb.

Thanks
    Yes, go to;

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

and download/install the latest, greatest rev 2.205 updates. You'll be glad you did!

Cheers,
    TomC

10. Default Re: Audiostrobe MP3

Hi Guys,

Updated my OS and changed the AS to Analogue no go yet will wait till I get my next paycheck and go purchase the Mp3 Player you recommended TomC see if that works.

Thanks, will keep you posted.

Thread Information