Thread: Proteus and ThoughtStream

Default Proteus and ThoughtStream

Hi

I just bought Proteus and ThoughtStream combo and I'm having some problems with the Proteus readout of the TS measurements.

So, I set the sensor on my palm, turn on the TS, let it calibrate and I relax. Observing the LEDs, it seems that the machine works fine: it changed colors towards green and took me to all the different levels as I've managed to relax. Even more so for my girlfriend. Then I took the interconnecting cable (two male stereo 1/8") and connected the PC on the TS to the AUX on the Proteus. I set the Proteus to the PC mode (using the middle button) and pressed start (top button) to get some readings.

Only once out of ten times that I've done this did I get some meaningful numbers on the Proteus that seemed to correspond with the progressive relaxation shown on the TS LEDs. Most of the time, the Proteus just reads 11.9 and doesn't move from there. The one time I managed to get it to work I had to move my hand (close my fist) several times and recalibrate each time I did it.

What is the proper procedure for this functionality?
    What do those numbers represent anyway?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus and ThoughtStream

My understanding is that you need to have the proteus on a "thoughtstream enabled" program. I'm not sure which (if any) of the factory programs are thoughtstream enabled, but I will find out.
    I do know that via the proteus editor, a program can be made that has thoughtstream parameters.
    You should try downloading the "thoughstream-controlled sessions" from the support site and see if those work better. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/ThoughtStream.htm
    Last edited by Andy; 11-26-2006 at 10:58 AM.

I think I'll try that. I am on a Mac so I was avoiding getting into the editing and custom presets but I guess I can do that on a PC at work.

Thanks Andy

Apologies for the slow response--the TS enabled sessions ship in the Uxx bank, and you can download them from http://mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm (bottom of page); this file includes a text file describing the sessions--there are 14 of them, not 10 as the site currently shows.

I also recommend that you review the "Proteus Session Editor 2.02" guide, which describes how to create a TS-enabled session.

Hope this helps!

--Robert

Unhappy Re: Proteus and ThoughtStream

Thank you.

I now think I have a misbehaving sensor or TS. Ditto for the glasses on the first Proteus we got. It's time to send them in, see what the doctor has to say.

I'd also recommend that your download the ThoughtStream Interface software from our site and record the output while you are running a light sound session--without connecting the two. This will give you a good idea of what effect the Proteus is having on your mind/body!

Robert

Thread Information