Thread: The joy of blue...

Default The joy of blue...

A downside to having many toys is that it takes a while to get around to trying everything. I've always enjoyed the visualisation sessions on both the Procyon and the Proteus, but I recently swapped glasses on the Proteus from the standard red/green to the red/blue ones. WOW!!! What an amazing difference! When the red drops away, or when the flashing rate is slow enough, the intensity of the blue is just awesome. Another interesting effect is when the the flash rate is a bit higher and it's flashing red/blue - the constrast between the red and the blue results in the blue flashes seeming blacker than black. Hard to explain. I love visual effects.

Cheers,
    Craig

2. Default Re: The joy of blue...

Are these red /blue glasses older sytle ones or the new ones with the surface mount LED's?

Mark

Default Re: The joy of blue...

All my glasses use surface mount LEDs apart from the ones that came with an L&S Synergizer, which has sticky-outy LEDS.

Cheers,
    Craig

Default Re: The joy of blue...

I have 3 pairs of the old 'sticky-out' red/blue, red/green, and white MP glasses. I also have all the monocolour surface mount glasses and a pair of the surface mount RGB Procyon glasses. I think that the older 'sticky-out' led's are very slightly brighter than the new surface mount ones but not enough to make any real difference to me. The main improvement is the quality/comfort of the new surface-mount glasses frames.

Like Craig, I find that the red/blue glasses give some nice effects and the MP blue is a really nice bright true-blue colour, unlike other blue glasses I've tried recently.

Personally, I just switch between the red/green and red/blue glasses once in a while to add a bit of variety to my Proteus sessions. Both of these seem to have the same entrainment value.

Cheers,
    TomC

Thread Information