Thread: Anyone use image streaming or autogenics ?

1. Default Anyone use image streaming or autogenics ?

Basically image streaming is similar to higher level autogenics where you are strengthening the conscious / subconscious connection and fixing neurosis.

So I believe success with image streaming will be greater if you have gone through basic and intermediate autogenics first.

And biofeedback is a great adjunct to autogenics.

With image streaming you are letting these subconscious images and senses come to your conscious mind and you describe them in as much detail as possible.

With advanced autogenics you are doing the same thing except there is a therapist to guide you should you encounter any neurosis.

The end result is extreme clarity of imagination and control over mental imagery in all senses. Plus the ability to control the communication between conscious / subconscious.

This in turn is a powerful intelligence increasing tool but only if you use it as such. If you were to use this ability to think about sex or football all day it may not increase your intelligence so much.

But if you apply it to academic studies and deliberate intelligence enhancement modalities then it should have a huge affect.

Sadly many so called experts actively discourage advanced training - which very few seem to have mastered themselves.

Much of the literature online about autogenics is dumbed down and only concerns basic and intermediate methods - but the whole point of those is to prepare for the higher levels.

It certainly is difficult to find a decent mentor and so I believe people will turn to their computers instead.

2. Default Re: Anyone use image streaming or autogenics ?

Hi..i have to say the concept of image streaming interests me after spending half an hour reading up on it on the web. I was thinking of creating a simalr system using real images taken by a camera to visulize a sports performance in graphic detail.

however, from what im reading about autogenics it doesn't sound hugely different from self-hypnosis and to be honest reads like a basic for of sliva mind control.

plus the concept of making yourself feel negative emotions to change a habit seems to me very dubious at best and harmful at worst. no system can claim a 100% success rate and the guilty feelings of going back to a destructive behaviour would only be maginfed by such a system.

could you explain autogenics in your own words and how it could be used outside of hypnosis/nlp?

thanks

3. Default Re: Anyone use image streaming or autogenics ?

Lucky for me the original books about autogenics by Luthe and Shultz are at my local university library.

These are the only really decent books on autogenics.

http://www.autogenic-therapy.org.uk/...esearch-03.htm

'Autogenic Therapy' by Luthe Dr W & Schultz Dr JH,

* Vol. 1 Autogenic Methods
    * Vol. 2 Medical Applications
    * Vol. 3 Applications in Psychotherapy
    * Vol. 4 Research and Theory
    * Vol. 5 Dynamics of Autogenic Neutralisation
    * Vol. 6 Treatment with Autogenic Neutralisation

Most other books don't even mention the advanced training which is the whole point of it.

If you can get hold of these you will realize that image streaming is basically very similar to the advanced autogenic's.

You enter a deep trance state and tell the therapist all the images that enter your mind as you see them.

I don't know what you are talking about when you mention making yourself feel negative emotions. That is not part of autogenics.

Its not possible to understand it unless you have read the luthe / shultz volumes.

Yes one can argue that most mind techniques are really just variations of hypnosis.

Thread Information