Thread: Advice, please.

Default Advice, please.

Speaking as a complete greenhorn, is it better to stick at just one setting, in order to acclimatize my mind, or just try them at random?
    Is there one setting you would reccomend in particular?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Advice, please.

Hi Mike,

You can do a variety of sessions. You may want to do, if you want to do more than one session at a time, is try to keep to the same group of target frequencies. For example, if you are trying to reduce stress, choose programs that are Alpha, Alpha Theta, or Theta.

I hope this helps.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Mike,

You can do a variety of sessions. You may want to do, if you want to do more than one session at a time, is try to keep to the same group of target frequencies. For example, if you are trying to reduce stress, choose programs that are Alpha, Alpha Theta, or Theta.

I hope this helps.

M.
    It does. Thanks.

I've found no problem swapping and switching around as long as I finish on a session that's appropriate for what I'm going to do next.

Where I have a particular purpose in mind, or something that I routinely need, then I make time for that particular type of session - the most usual one being an alpha relax/de-stress at the end of the working day.

The main thing is to make a mental note of what you're listening to and how it affects you. I can now recognise each of the main mental states just by the way my head feels.

It's useful to have an idea in your mind as to what you're hoping to achieve with the AVS machine, then you can guide your use based on that objective. My general goal is maintaining a calm, effective state of mind. Alongside that there's various 'research' and recreational interests.

Have fun!!!

Craig

Thread Information