Thread: audiostrobe

1. Thumbs up audiostrobe

hello, new user....have enjoyed using proteus as i have only used binural beats in an audio fashion previously, not realising that the light produces such a pronounced effect,brilliant find for me!...was wondering if, as one needs to put a special segment into a sequence to get the extra accuracy, this means that when using in audio strobe mode or from an mp3 player that proteus does not reproduce with that accuracy?

Default Re: audiostrobe

Hi Lightwing,

The power of sound and light can be truly spectacular - it's great you're getting such pleasing results.

I'm wondering if you've been reading about Synchromuse? Synchromuse put a header file at the beginning of the music and only applies to the Procyon.

Audiostrobe is different in that all the light info is recorded right along with the audio, so synchronisation is not an issue. Your Proteus will do a great job with any AS encoded material.

The only thing you need to keep in mind is that both Synchromuse and AudioStrobe use a high frequency signal that can easily be lost during compression, so MP3s, etc. need to be at high bit-rates.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Smile Re: audiostrobe

hello Craig , thanks for reply on audiostrobe, syncromuse ? no i have not come across this as yet i'll look for it soon, i have been encoding my efforts at 128 and will try different settings now to see if it feels better thanks. Its just cos i havent quite got the hang of the proteus editor yet so its easier to use a prog that i've played around with for longer... lightwing

Thread Information