Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphone suggestions (merged)

1. Default Headphone suggestions (merged)

What do people recomend for really good quality headphones? I've looked at the Bose over the ear, but the price of those is a bit much. I'm really considering the Bose earbuds, especially if I can get them on ebay for around $50, but maybe Shure or Koss (or ???) have ones that are just as good?
    Right now I've got a pair of Koss earbuds which are better than the headphones that came with my Proteus or my Sony CD player. I also have a Motorola bluetooth headset that works -- sorta -- with my ipaq. The sound is decent, but the bluetooth seems to pause periodically which is really annoying, and I'm not sure if it's the ipaq or the headset that's at fault.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by hseaver View Post
    What do people recomend for really good quality headphones? I've looked at the Bose over the ear, but the price of those is a bit much. I'm really considering the Bose earbuds, especially if I can get them on ebay for around $50, but maybe Shure or Koss (or ???) have ones that are just as good?
    Right now I've got a pair of Koss earbuds which are better than the headphones that came with my Proteus or my Sony CD player. I also have a Motorola bluetooth headset that works -- sorta -- with my ipaq. The sound is decent, but the bluetooth seems to pause periodically which is really annoying, and I'm not sure if it's the ipaq or the headset that's at fault.
    I have some Sony in-ear headphones that cost me around $50.00. They are pretty awesome and comfortable to wear as well. I also have a set of the Bose (noise canceling) beauties and they rock but like you said, they are quite expensive.

M.

3. Default Re: Best Headphones?

I've been searching around the net quite a bit today, found one really good forum on the subject of headphones, etc :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/

And I find a lot of people talking up the Shure noise-isolation earbuds like the E2C (discontinued so going not so expensively on ebay) and their more expensive ones. I thought the Bose were expensive, some of these other outfits have earbuds and headpones in the $300-500 range.
    Another thing I see is a lot of people really putting down Bose. So right now I'm shopping for some Shure earbuds. We'll see how they work, I guess.

4. Default Re: Best Headphones?

I have the Shure earbuds and they are excellent for anything. Particularly good on aircraft where I use them everytime I fly. Love them. Also use cheaper but good quality Sony digital earphones too, when noise isolation not needed.

I had bad experiences with Bose QuietComfort, and had to send them back because their use make me feel nausious (spelling?) and could also hear a weird hi-frequency insect-like noise in the background. Not good for an audio freak like me. However I used the Bose it was the same. Online I found a few others with same problem so put that form of technology behind me. If it works for others (or M!) fine. We are all different, eh?
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Default Re: Best Headphones?

I have the UE-11 Pro in-ear monitors. They are very expensive and you need to have molds made at the doc but man... are they worth it!!! The best money can buy, hands down.

6. Default Re: Best Headphones?

Sennheiser has always been the best sound quality for your buck. Some of their 2-300 dollar models sound better than 1000 dollar studio headphones.

Trust me, go with sennheiser. You won't be disappointed.

Default Noisy Neighbors, Can anyone suggest a set of headphones?

Need to get a set of headphones that will shut out outside sounds and music (from the next apartment).

All recommendations gratefully accepted.

Thanks
    Charles M

Default Re: Noisy Neighbors, Can anyone suggest a set of headphones?

I'm pretty interested in low-cost noise cancelling headphones, too.

I'm just setting up an 'entrainment studio' and our collection of assorted parrots lives in the next room.

Sony, Phillips and Panasonic all have active noise cancelling headphones in the NZ$100-200 range (way under $100 for most of you guys) and I'd love to know if it will be worth spending the bucks, or whether I'm just going to have to gag the parrots (kidding).

Cheers,
    Craig

9. Default Re: Noisy Neighbors, Can anyone suggest a set of headphones?

Hi Craig

I can only comment on my $49.95 Noise cancelling headphones from Jaycar. They aren't a name brand. They work well below 300hz, so cut out the loud rumble of my polishing machines completely but let me listen to the radio which is more human voice at around 1000hz. I'm not sure if this is characteristic of all noise cancellors, but I don't think mine would be any good at cancelling parrots. I notice when the noise attenuation is turned right up that there is also a little attenuation in bass of sound fed in through the stereo input of the phones.

You may have to build a soundproof box for the parrots for critical times

Cheer

Mark

Blog Entries

Default Re: Noisy Neighbors, Can anyone suggest a set of headphones?

I've got a nice set of Bose and they are quite good at canceling out a lot of external noise. They are pretty pricey though and you may find something that adequately does the job for a lot less.

Because of my Fibromylgia, I have noise sensitivities and can totally relate to what an ordeal noise can be! If I lived in an apartment, I think I'd find myself a nice seniors building ...

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information