Thread: Using and eternal standard music CD, What Happens?

Question Using and eternal standard music CD, What Happens?

Have ordered the Proycon and it is on its way to me. Have been seaching the Forums for more info so I can hit the ground running when it gets here.

Finally the question: What happens when playing a standard music CD on the system? I first thought the SynchoMuse would automatically sync the RGB colors to the music. The posts that I have seen so far seem to indicate this is not the case.

Can someone please explain

Thanks

Sorry for the bad spelling
    Last edited by Charles M; 01-16-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Using and eternal standard music CD, What Happens?

Hi Charles,

Synchromuse allows you to design a session that is accurately sunchronised to a piece of music. It's fairly time consuming, but not insanely difficult.

I find playing a preset session that is similar in character to the music I want to listen to works really well. For example, I enjoy Brian Eno's ambient tracks, and you'd swear they were made to be played with any of the Rejuvenation (alpha/theta) tracks. I usually leave the Procyon sound turned up so that it's just audible alonside the music, so the Procyon beats and the music merge into a coherent whole.

Matching beats in the music is one thing, entraining alongside music is another.

A system that automatically synchronises with music is almost certain to be pure entertainment. An entrainment session to match a piece of music isn't jsut a mechanical following of beat, it will have to follow the flow, or mood of the music, something that only the human touch can really achieve.

My suggestion is that you get your Procyon, use it just as it is, and then look into 'off label' applications. I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you have - I thought I knew what I was in for when I ordered, but it has proven to be a much bigger, wider, and more exciting field than I imagined.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information