Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning with tapes

Default Re: Learning with tapes

Marisa,

Awesome! Thank you so much! I cannot wait for my Proteus to arrive. I have a thousand questions I could ask you, but I suppose I should wait for it to actually arrive and experiment with it first. Thank you again!

Brett

Blog Entries

Hi Brett,

Quote Originally Posted by h3nix View Post
    Marisa,

Awesome! Thank you so much! I cannot wait for my Proteus to arrive. I have a thousand questions I could ask you, but I suppose I should wait for it to actually arrive and experiment with it first. Thank you again!

Brett
    Go ahead, ask anyway.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Unfortunately Requiem is not on the sampler. You can't download them, you have to buy them.

M.
    You can purchase and download MP3 versions direct from Audiostrobe:

http://www.audiostrobe.com/websiteNe...=Mp3&itemID=23

Click on "creativity and vision" to locate Requiem.

You can even download individual tracks to build up your own compliations or just buy your favorites.

Cheers
    Al

Marisa,

Sorry for the delay since my last post, work has been a bit hectic. Aside from my love of the visualizations which I get with my Proteus I have found it to me a great help in the reduction of stress as well. Which was expected, of course, but it is working better than I had hoped actually. It took a few days to learn how to properly adjust the brightness but I have that well in hand now.

Thank you for your help with my question on learning from tapes. I have that down fairly well now. Now the only thing I need is the time to actually do that. But that is a separate issue that is soon to be resolved.

I do have a couple of questions however ...

In regards to using the Proteus to assist someone with an addiction, tobacco in this case, how is it best used? I have learned from your posts that alpha and theta sessions are the best to use and I am assuming at this point that it is best used whenever someone has a craving for nicotine. I know this is not something the device is officially approved for but I can readily see where the advantage of it comes from.

Also I am very interested in using my Proteus as a tool to help with creativity and, to some degree, inspiration. I am soon to begin my journey as an author and I find this most intriguing.

Again, thank you for all you do in the forums nd have a Merry Christmas. Or a happy <insert holiday here>! (I find all the political correctness of this season to be more than a bit disturbing, really )

~h3nix

Also ... is there any benefit (especially with creativity) to using the device on a set regular schedule? Thanks!
    Last edited by h3nix; 12-22-2009 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Forgot something ...

Sorry to stick my nose in, but I just thought I'd comment on the nicotine bit.

Since starting to use AVS regularly (a lot) about two years ago I have stopped smoking twice and I am currently in the process of doing so again. Apart from the fact that I can't actually smoke safely or effectively while using AVS, I have found no benefit whatsoever from alpha, theta, alpha/theta or any other vaguely indicated addiction protocol, delivered by Procyon, Neuroprogrammer or any other tool.

Depression, anxiety, cognitive enhancement, lucid dreaming, pain/headache relief - you name it - I've had successes with AVS for almost everything else, but nicotine, nope.

I have found the easiest way to stop smoking is to use nicotine replacement patches. I have no trouble at all staying stopped for a month or more after completing a patch course (I have had a 9-year smokefree stint), but there is something about me that is never quite happy unless I'm engaged in one of the hedonistic self-pleasures that tends towards self-harm. Staying stopped is a problem to me because I like smoking and I'd rather smoke than do some of the other things that would deliver similar satisfaction. It is gratifying to know that my lungs still rebound very quickly when I take my 4-12 month breaks, and I have even considered long term use of low dose patches.

Were it not such a politically unacceptable concept, I would almost say that there are some people who have a natural nicotine deficiency (compare serotonin deficiency theories of depression and the "correction" with serotonin-supportive drugs). After all, nicotine interacts specifically with a particular type of neurotransmitter receptors (acetylcholine) and is thus intimately involved in neuroactivity... http://health.howstuffworks.com/nicotine4.htm

Re creative sessions - frequently, regularly and with variety!

Anyway, all the best in your endeavours.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Hi H3nix

Quote Originally Posted by h3nix View Post
    Marisa,

I do have a couple of questions however ...

In regards to using the Proteus to assist someone with an addiction, tobacco in this case, how is it best used? I have learned from your posts that alpha and theta sessions are the best to use and I am assuming at this point that it is best used whenever someone has a craving for nicotine. I know this is not something the device is officially approved for but I can readily see where the advantage of it comes from.

Also I am very interested in using my Proteus as a tool to help with creativity and, to some degree, inspiration. I am soon to begin my journey as an author and I find this most intriguing.
    Alpha is the best for addictions. Attached is a Alpha session I designed that may be helpful. I would have the person use the session three or four times a day for the first little while - especially during times that are big triggers for smoking (such as after a meal or stressful event).

Theta is good for hypnosis and trance work which would work well with a quit smoking tape or cd.

The Creativity programs on the Proteus are really good. I use to put them on sound only when I was working on writing hypnosis scripts and I noticed a difference in creative ability.

Again, thank you for all you do in the forums nd have a Merry Christmas. Or a happy <insert holiday here>! (I find all the political correctness of this season to be more than a bit disturbing, really )
    LOL Ya people can be a bit sensitive about proper Deity recognition.
    It's a bit of an adjustment but Happy Holidays is pretty generic and safe. So Merry Ho Ho to you also. Eat lots of turkey and chocolate!

Also ... is there any benefit (especially with creativity) to using the device on a set regular schedule? Thanks!
    The regular schedule would ensure that you use the device regularly and in using the device regularly, your brain becomes more easily attuned with that state of mind. Kind of like building up muscle memory in learning how to type or play piano or any other related activity.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: Learning with tapes

Just an observation about the learn from tapes programs.

The Proteus Learn from tapes is an Alpha/Beta (8-24 hz) program according to a data sheet I believe put together by Marissa (thank you).

The Product manual for the Procyon suggests "accelerated Learning 35" as appropriate for tapes however it is based on Theta frequencies.

I'm curious as to the reason for this change in approach?

I have experimented with both, I downloaded a converted Learn from Tapes Proteus session from the forum and installed in on my Procyon. I have ran Pimsleurs French language lessons through the device while running both programs. These language programs require interactivity, speaking answers aloud. Of the two, I prefer the Proteus Alpha/Beta program, I feel more alert, and more able to answer the questions with considered answers. The first half of the segments in the Proteus program are more pleasant to listen to than the second, I might look into this, could have something to do with choice of wave form.

Now while I like the sensation of theta session and the relaxed state they put you in, they don't help me answer questions in a language I'm just learning.

If anyone else is experimenting with new language acquisition and any Mindplace device I'd be interested to hear about it.

Greetings--a very good question! There is more than one theory regarding which frequencies to use for learning. The Theta range frequencies are used to facilitate Lozanov style 'superlearning', during which language learning can be facilitated on the edge of consciousness (hypnogogia); this may be more useful for vocabulary. It is similar to the 'sleep learning' approach, which turned out not to work when you are actually asleep, but at the edge of sleep.

Alpha/beta is best if you are trying to focus your attention on the material, and it sounds like this is your particular learning style.

Thread Information