Thread: working out with Procyon--recommended/not?

Default working out with Procyon--recommended/not?

Greetings,

I love using the elliptical cross-trainer at the university's gym. I put on some music and really burn some calories. But I get so distracted... I would love to throw on my Procyon glasses and go for a solid trot but cannot find information on safety issues with this type of setup.

I know that nobody can offer medical or legal advice, and I'm not asking for that. I would like to know, however, if anyone has used the Procyon glasses while using a cross-trainer or a stationary bike? Were you in public? What were the net effects (positive, neutral, negative)?

Two concerns I have that I'm struggling with are: (1) I get slightly dizzy when I close my eyes and feel like I'm floating--perhaps this feeling would be increased when I'm using the Procyon to the point where my surroundings wouldn't be "memorable" and I would somehow forget where I was in the room, on the machine, etc.; and (2) what in the hell are people around me going to say!? (Maybe I can pretend that I'm wathing one of those large-screen goggle displays).

If you have "general" thoughts like, "not in a million years would I try that," or "...sounds interesting--try it and let us know"--I'd like to hear them and would appreciate the feedback. I don't have a cross-trainer at home and would have to perform this bit of "magic" in public.

Best,
    --Scott

Default Re: working out with Procyon--recommended/not?

There was a brief period of time after my Procyon arrived and before the crosstrainer got evicted that I used the two together with great pleasure.

Disorientation is definitely an issue - it was never bad enough to have to stop, and as a bit of a psychonaut, it was just another variation on an altered state to explore. As I had the luxury of privacy, looking and acting like a weirdo was not an issue.

Actually it never even occurred to me to wonder if it was a good idea to combine the two. Seeing your concerns I wonder if sometimes I'm too quick to jump in the deep end. Anyway, nothing bad has happened yet.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information