Thread: Are brainwave entrainment CDs effective?

1. Default Are brainwave entrainment CDs effective?

I have been hearing a lot about brainwave entrainment CDs. Some of my friends have tried using some of these CDs and claim that they really work wonders. They have asked me to try one too. But I am not sure whether these CDs or audio programs are really effective. Do they actually help bring about a noticeable change? Kindly suggest.

2. Smile Re: Are brainwave entrainment CDs effective?

Its okay to have some doubts about things you have never tried. But once you would use a brainwave entrainment program, you would feel the difference yourself.

There is no doubt that Brainwave Entrainment CDs have helped several people improve their lives. Brainwave Entrainment CD recordings are actually designed in a way to influence the brain waves. Just by listening to a simple audio program can help you improve your concentration, reduce stress, enhance your IQ, creativity and boost performance.

This is no mumbo-jumbo but scientifically proven specially created sounds that help promote deep thinking. With the help of these Brainwave CDs you would be able to think deeper and faster, master your emotions and concentrate better on your work. All this would eventually boost your performance.

I have been using it for quite some time now and I have befitted a lot from it. I am able to concentrate better on my work and feel more focused and energized now. I am also less tired and have been able to stop myself from feeling stressed out. You can check out the CD I use at www.gobrainev.com. Listen to this daily for 30 minutes and you would see the difference yourself. Do let me know about your experience.

Alexander

Blog Entries

Default Re: Are brainwave entrainment CDs effective?

Hi Alan,

Quote Originally Posted by ashton.alan64 View Post
    I have been hearing a lot about brainwave entrainment CDs. Some of my friends have tried using some of these CDs and claim that they really work wonders. They have asked me to try one too. But I am not sure whether these CDs or audio programs are really effective. Do they actually help bring about a noticeable change? Kindly suggest.
    The Cds or audio programs are not as effective as an AVS program because with an AVS, the frequencies are delivered to your brain both visually and auditory. Research has shown that the visual method of delivery is more effective than the auditory, though the auditory still does work to some extent and moreso on some people than others.

It also depends on what these cds are claiming to do. All any entrainment program can do is influence your brain waves into a set state. Now, just because your brain gets into an alpha state (lets say) doesn't mean that your learning will be enhanced or that you will be able to astral travel or visualize things. All it can do is help your brain get into the desired range of frequencies, which bring you to the best potential to achieve your goal. The rest depends upon the person (their attitude, their actions, thoughts etc.)

In general, what these cds are best at is aiding in relaxation and sleep. They normally aren't that expensive and some people just love them so there isn't really much to lose in trying one.

BTW: Subliminal cds are a waste of time.

Remember that there is a lot of pseudo science out there that makes outlandish claims about what a product can do. Don't be fooled by claims of scientific studies as some of these studies are conducted by the company that sells the product and may have some bias, some of the studies are not scientifically valid (despite their claims). Testimonials are a waste of time because what may work for one person, may not work for another. Not to mention that the company can pay for testimonials, have friends give testimonials or make them up.

I commend you for asking this question because a sharp mind doesn't just believe everything they are told. An intelligent person, such as yourself, asks questions.

Hi all first time post here!

I agree Marisa that subliminal are a waste of time. There's a well known case were a guy supposedly setup a subliminal test in a movie theatre which increased the sales of coke and popcorn. Years latter he addmited that the whole thing was a complete hoax.

Apparently brainwave entrainment is something very different though, and extremely effective. At least that is what I hear. Could someone possibly provide some links to more info regarding brainwave entrainment?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jnms View Post
    Hi all first time post here!

I agree Marisa that subliminal are a waste of time. There's a well known case were a guy supposedly setup a subliminal test in a movie theatre which increased the sales of coke and popcorn. Years latter he addmited that the whole thing was a complete hoax.
    I recall Richard Bandler doing a little experiment with subliminal suggestion. He had told a group of people that he was sending them home with a subliminal cd with positive affirmations on it, when in fact he had recorded negative affirmations on it. The students came back and said it was one of the best cds every, so uplifting etc. So ... the subliminal stuff didn't work. I don't know the exact details of the story, I just recall what I saw on one of Bandlers DVDs.

Apparently brainwave entrainment is something very different though, and extremely effective. At least that is what I hear. Could someone possibly provide some links to more info regarding brainwave entrainment?
    BWE is a whole different story. BWE has to do with coaxing your brain waves into a desired frequency, which in turn can influence your state of mind. If you expose your brain to the desired frequencies via pulsing lights and sound of your AVS machine, your brain waves will follow the lead of the machine and harmonize with that frequency. This is called the "Frequency Following Response". It's like a neural game of follow the leader with the leader being the mind machine.

Brain wave frequencies are not your thoughts. They are, however, a reflection of your thoughts and it has been found that if you change the brain wave frequencies to a certain extent, it will influence your state of mind. So, let's say some one is feeling stressed - that would put their BWF at somewhere around 20 Hz (maybe higher). The person does an AVS session that focuses on Alpha and Theta (11 - 4 Hz) and as a result, that person's brain waves will ramp down from that stressed high Beta state into the Alpha/Theta state. Once in that state, the person will feel more relaxed and be in a better position to adjust his or her thoughts to something more calming and positive.

It should be noted that if the person wants to stay in that calm state longer, they need to change what or how they are thinking otherwise they will find themselves creeping back into the stressed state in short time.

BWE is like a car that can get you to the destination ... what you do once you get there determines how long you stay there.

I hope that makes sense.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks for the reply Marisa, I am just getting back to this thread after the Christmas period.

I am very keen indeed to try out some brainwave entrainment - it looks as though it has a lot of great potential. After some searching about on the internet, I discovered the Hemi-Sync and Holo-Sync products but holo-sync was really expensive and not really what I am after. Hemi-Sync looked interesting but a little too 'new agey' for my taste. Then I found Brainwave-Sync who seem pretty grounded and down to earth. Looks good. Maybe someone could give me some opinions on whay they think of the Brainwave-Sync brainwave entrainment CDs? Here's the link: Brainwave-Sync

Blog Entries

Hi Jmns,

You don't need the cds for entrainment. You could just use the machine and one of the preset programs.

Most of the AS Cd's are geared toward relaxation and entertainment. For brain work, I'd just use one of the preset programs or make your own - that way you will know exactly what you are targeting and can make adjustments as needed.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information