Thread: Compose Music with Proteus Sync

Default Compose Music with Proteus Sync

HI
    Does anyone know how I can place info in my music compositions to have the proteus strobe in sync with the programming I make to fit the music?

I use Reason and Cubase.

Thanks
    Allute

Blog Entries

Default Re: Compose Music with Proteus Sync

Quote Originally Posted by allute View Post
    HI
    Does anyone know how I can place info in my music compositions to have the proteus strobe in sync with the programming I make to fit the music?

I use Reason and Cubase.

Thanks
    Allute
    There is software (Mind Explorer) on the net that can do this, or so I've heard. I've never tried it - however forum member "nancybixby" recently posted a similar message and she may be someone that you want to connect with on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by nancybixby
    08-24-2006, 02:45 PM

Re: TurboSonix
    I've been looking for the Mind Explorer Light software and cannot find it. Does anyone know it's location? I would love to add AudioStrobe to Pink Floyd and some other stuff I have!
    Here's the website for the Mind Explorer software:
    http://www.tc-softworks.com/EN/ASDecoder.htm
    Last edited by Andy; 09-07-2006 at 11:56 PM.

3. Default Re: Compose Music with Proteus Sync

Allute,

As a MindExplorer and Proteus user, I can confirm that this software can expand the range of what you can do with your Proteus. This includes importing other file formats, as well as the means of providing a "color-organ like" experience with audio files via the AudioStrobe setting on your Proteus. What this does not do is provide the user-programmable sync to your own music that you describe.

The author of the MindExplorer software, Tomas Cerny, has also created an Audiostrobe file creation utility (AudioStrobe Designer), that allows a composer like yourself to create Audiostrobe files such as those that are available for purchase. If you go to the AudioStrobe website, you can download a demo of this software - It's not inexpensive, but the purchase price includes the distribution rights when using this software commercially.

Regards,

Greg

Default Re: Compose Music with Proteus Sync

Thanks so much for the info. I have ordered the software and will start exploring later this Fall---
    I'm so glad you have this forum
    al

Thread Information