Thread: Os D/l

1. Default Os D/l

My proteus unit reports 2.3 when I turn it on. I cannot seem to d/l a newer OS to the unit. I've followed the directions, have the correct cable and both ends are plugged in properly. I've selected the comm port (2) and slowed the transfer rate to the slowest possible setting.

In the session editor, the task bar states that upload is taking place but the display does not 'flash' and when the unit is turned off/on it remains at v.2.3

Help?

Squire

Blog Entries

Default Re: Os D/l

I think that maybe you're not getting proper communication between your PC and the Proteus.

Try this:

Run the 2.3 software, double-check the serial port setting, and then click on "View Realtime".
    Click "Run Segment" to see if the proteus responds. If it doesn't respond, then there's a communication issue.

Are you using a real serial port or a USB->Serial adaptor?
    If it's a real serial port, are you certain that it's active? They can be disabled in the BIOS, as you may know.
    Check in Device Manager to see for sure that the port is active.

Let me know what you find.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Os D/l

Run the 2.3 software, double-check the serial port setting, and then click on "View Realtime".
    Click "Run Segment" to see if the proteus responds. If it doesn't respond, then there's a communication issue.

How is it supposed to respond? I get a blue progress bar that repeats itself on the 2.3 software but nothing on the proteus unit.

Are you using a real serial port or a USB->Serial adaptor?

Real Serial.

If it's a real serial port, are you certain that it's active?
    Yes its active. I have the same issue on multiple computers.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
    Squire

Blog Entries

It sounds like you might have a defective cable or proteus.
    You should contact the company that you purchased it from.
    If they are a store that you can visit, maybe you can take the unit there and try another cable to see if that's the problem.
    If not, you should still contact them to see what they can do for you.
    If they determine that the cable is bad then they should be able to replace it for you, and if the Proteus is still under warranty, they can repair or replace it for you. If it's out of warranty, you may need to send it back to MindPlace.

In any event, contact the company you bought it from and they should be able to help you. If they cannot, then go here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....&category=-105

Let us know how you make out.

5. Default Re: Os D/l

Turns out it was neither cable or proteus or computer: I uninstalled the software and reinstalled v2.4.5. It lit up a bunch more comm ports. I picked the appropriate one and it worked just like the documentation describes.

Squire.

Blog Entries

That's bizarre! I wonder if the software and firmware were not matching?
    Did you update the firmware in the Proteus to 2.4?

Glad to hear you got it working!

Thread Information