Thread: The Mind Workstation

1. Default The Mind Workstation

I've seen some mention of this software in these forums, finally took a look at the website, and am fairly impressed. Much more so than I have ever been by the Brainwave Generator, et al.
    I'm even quite tempted to spend some of my tax rebate on it, but the price seems way too high, especially considering that the eeg interface only works with the "enterprise" version.
    So I'm looking for feedback on this software -- is it really worth the $199?

2. Default Re: The Mind Workstation

Do you also have the Proteus? How about the thoughtstream? I have both, and they both work really well with mind workstation. If you do too, or if you have other compatible units, it might be worth it to you.
    Like some of the other posters here, I have always been impressed with transparent's software. I'm sure I haven't even used 10% of its capabilities, but some of the features are were just too cool to pass up, like the 3d positioning, ambience generation and biofeedback stuff. Plus, for me it is a more familiar work environment, like adobe audition. Bwgen and Neuro-Programmer were cool too, so maybe they are better for you given the price difference.
    I haven't used the EEG features. Do you have an EEG? Where did you get it, how much was it?
    Will

3. Default Re: The Mind Workstation

Yes, I have both the Proteus and the Thoughtstream. I also was a fairly early buyer of Synetics PC-Synergizer, which I still have, but don't use now. I wish their newer machines were as powerful as that, at least as far as the audio goes.
    I'm also thinking pretty seriously about buying the Procyon. The EEG machine that I have is a HAL-4, a kit I bought about ten years ago but just recently built. I'm also thinking pretty seriously of buying the kit form of the OpenEEG, as it can have 6 channels or more, while my HAL-4 is just 4 channels.
    I also have The Wild Divine biofeedback system and another simpler biofeedback machine. I really don't understand why the Mind Workstation people would not include the eeg support with their basic workstation -- most of the people playing with eeg and neurofeedback are just people like me, not commercial users.

4. Default Re: The Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
    Do you have an EEG? Where did you get it, how much was it?
    Will
    The HAL-4 in no longer available -- it was almost $300 ten years ago in kit form. The OpenEEG is a kit, or mostly finished, around $200 I think if you build it yourself. http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

Thread Information