Thread: Prycon and Brainwave Gen 3.1

Default Prycon and Brainwave Gen 3.1

I know you can use Brain Wave Gen 3.1 hooked up externally to the Prycon.
    But is there anyway to use the Audio strobe feature of Brain wave gen to control the glasses?
    thanks,
    Michael

Blog Entries

Default Re: Prycon and Brainwave Gen 3.1

Hi Michael, and welcome!

I don't see anything on the Brain Wave Generator web page that says that it supports or generates AudioStrobe signals. Are you sure that it is a feature of that software?

If it did generate AudioStrobe signals, then it would definitely be able to control the Liteframes.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Prycon and Brainwave Gen 3.1

Mash

Brainwave generator 3.1 supports audiostrobe both in real time output and if you render your sesion to a wave file for burning to CD. When you go through the Setup Wizard you'll go to an Audiostrobe setup window which will help you get maximum dynamic range from the audio signal. Just plug the audio from your PC to the Procyon and set it to Audiostrobe mode.

I've attached a screen grab of the Audiostrobe setup screen so you can't miss it.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Interesting! I wonder why they don't mention this feature on their web site!

What is the problem you're having with using this function with the Procyon?

-Andy.

Hi, thanks for the infromation.
    The first time I tried it didn't work.
    I'm going to try again tonight when I get home.
    I'll let you know how it works out.
    Thanks
    Michael

Hi, I got it working. User error.
    But for some reason I can't seem to get the blue Led to trigger.
    Only the red and green.
    The Blue LED works with just the Procyon by itself.
    I'm not sure if that's a problem with Brainwave Gen or not.
    How are the LEDs colors triggered?
    I noticed when I was doing the audio strobe set up in Brainwave Gen if I adjusted the Minimum brightness level the red would trigger at 90 and the green would start at 95. At 100 both red and green are on but no blue.
    Thanks,
    Michael

7. Default Re: Prycon and Brainwave Gen 3.1

Michael,

Not a problem with Procyon, as AudioStrobe will ONLY work on two channels! So the third LED is redundant. To get three LEDs going needs use of the free Sychromuse software approach and/or the Procyon editor that you can find in the files section here. You will also need Audacity, Sound Forge, or similar, to work with audio file markers. A lot of work!

I am researching this at present, and would like to generate color information from MIDI music files, but not anywhere near yet. Quite complex, and no real agreement or consensus on what colors to generate from audio/music. I am thinking we need several options to suit different folk, hence the complexity and need for software solution.

Best regards.

PS. The latest Transparent Corp Mind Workstation software is also limited to two channel AudioStrobe encoding, so again, nought wrong with your system.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

8. Default Re: Prycon and Brainwave Gen 3.1

Richard , if you are looking to create Audiostrobe sessions triggered by music then you can't go past the AS Colour Organ which is contained in Mindexplorer. You can asign each color to an audio channel, and play with the frequency response settings _in real time_ as you are recording the new wave files with AS info added. I don't think the Synchromuse system will ever be much use until someone writes some some software that gives similar level of directness and user friendliness.

I wear the glasses and pop them up and down to see my mouse/computer screen as I play with the parameters sliders during recording, and watch the effect on the lights. You can literally orchestrate your own light show during the recording. I enjoy the built in programs occassionally , but it is the AS encoded ambient music I get the deepest pleasure with my Proteus and Procyon.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 04-22-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Thread Information