Thread: Brainwave Generator

Default Brainwave Generator

There is a neat little shareware program out there that I've been playing with for several years now, and really enjoy. You can read more about it and download it for free here: http://www.bwgen.com/index.htm.

This is a binaural beat generating program that allows you to create, edit, play, and export your creations into .wav format (with AudioStrobe encoding) which you can then convert to mp3's if you like. It's very versatile.

The program comes with it's own full array of preset sessions, or you can create your own from scratch. You can also import one of the hundreds of user-created sessions (registered version only) from here http://www.bwgen.com/presets.htm

In many ways I prefer this to the Proteus Editor. It's very intuitive and simple to use. Unfortunately you don't get much contol over the lightframe functions, but with a little tweaking you can create a really nice AudioStrobe mp3 to play thru any AudioStrobe decoder (Sirius, Proteus, etc.).

Here are the Brainwave Generator AudioStrobe settings that I've found work just fine with my Proteus. These settings are found in the Brainwave Generator session under Options/Advanced Options/Visual Output :

AudioStrobe brightness zero level (15%)
    AudioStrobe maximum brightness level (75%)
    AudioStrobe signal waveform (Sine Wave)

I hope some of you can get as much enjoyment out of this little program as I have. Be safe. Have fun.

2. Default Re: Brainwave Generator

Thank you so much,love it.

Default Re: Brainwave Generator

It was actually this program which led me to learning about light and sound machines to begin with.

4. Default Re: Brainwave Generator

yeah its great - unfortunately my audiostrobe has stopped working on my proteus - dunno why.

5. Default Re: Brainwave Generator

I just bought a Procyon and while I'm awaiting delivery I downloaded this software in evaluation mode.

Just tried the deep meditation last night at bed time.

I can certainly say it did something. 47 mins later I turned it off to go to sleep, but I'm not sure what really happened in that 47 mins. I don't think I was asleep - but I was not fully conscious either.

I wonder if that was the intention. Maybe I actually was asleep but just wasn't aware that I'd woken up.

I'll try it again, but not at bedtime and see if it has the same effect.

Regards
    Caleb

Default Re: Brainwave Generator

For brainwave generator there are a couple of presets called boxed nirvana 1 & 2. I read about them in a forum somewhere and everybody was raving about them for lucid dream/AS. I've got them both but have only used them briefly so far. They did feel quite potent though.
    Cheers,
    J

Thread Information