Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Proteus OS 2.7

Blog Entries

Default New Proteus OS 2.7

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

Adds colour-swapping to the many other features that were added in 2.5.
    2.6 had a bug and has been removed.

2. Default Re: New Proteus OS 2.7

After the installment still demonstrated 2.5.。ok???

Default Re: New Proteus OS 2.7

Hello Andy

I am disappointed to see that my request for an option to save the session as a text file to assist us in the analysis of the session was not incorporated in the Proteus Session Editor. Although I don't think this Editor has been changed and the New tag is incorrect. agodney

Blog Entries

Sorry that we weren't able to add more features. 2.7 was just a bug-fix from 2.6. Most new features were added in 2.5 a while ago and those were the top features requested at that time. (At least the ones that were possible...) And you are correct, nothing was done to the editor at this time, just the Proteus OS.
    They're just too busy with many other projects to look into adding more features to the Editor right now.
    I have taken notice of your request and when MP gets around to updating the editor I'll ask if the export feature can be added.

Blog Entries

Hi David;

You haven't installed the update properly. Please read the documentation that comes with the update and make sure you have the Proteus connected correctly, the right com port selected, and the Proteus in "DL" mode.

When you are updating the code, the LED lights will flash random numbers very quickly. If that's not happening then the update is not happening.
    When the update works, when you power off and on the Proteus, it will flash "2.7".

6. Default Re: New Proteus OS 2.7

Success 。thank you very much !!!

Hello Andy

Ok thanks for passing my request on (it was requested some time ago). It would be a worthwhile upgrade to the Procyon Editor as well so please also suggest that.

Regards Allan

Hi Andy,

I've seem to have run into a little problem updating the software on my Proteus. I've downloaded everything and have been able to transfer the new OS to the Proteus, however when the transfer finishes, I get a 'bad' indication on the display. I tried it several times and still get the same result. Turing the unit off then on still displays that I have the OS2,6 installed. Help!

Adrone

Blog Entries

Hi Adrone;

You are getting that "bAd" message because there was an error in the transfer. If you are using a USB-RS232 adapter and using a USB hub, try plugging the adapter directly into your PC. Hubs can cause all sorts of problems.

You also may need to slow down the speed of the serial transfers. See Todd's post here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...15&postcount=7

Let me know if that fixes the problem!

-Andy.

10. Default Re: New Proteus OS 2.7

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for the reply. I did plug directly into the computer without any use of a usb hub when I initially and subsequently tried the transfers resulting in the 'bad' indication. I will try the slowing down of the transfer rate later this morning to see if that will do it. Thanks, again, for the prompt reply. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Adrone

Thread Information