Thread: Re: NLP and sales

Default Re: putting a audio on the Procyon

Marisa,

Yes, that is a great book. Any other recommendations on stuff?

NLP/Hypnosis/Sales Training

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    Marisa,

Yes, that is a great book. Any other recommendations on stuff?

NLP/Hypnosis/Sales Training

Hi Wings,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

Any of the NLP books, videos, trainings will greatly help improve sales ability because NLP helps you to figure out how people make decisions and what motivates them.

Everyone has a sales strategy that is linked to their senses. The strategy is the order in which they use their senses to make a decision. Let's take car sales for example. One person may walk around the car lot until they "see" a car that catches their eye (visual). What is it that attracted them to the car first, was it the color of the car or style? Next, they look inside the car (still visual), then they look at the price (Auditory Digital - they may talk to them-self about the price, asking self if it's in the price range they can afford) and then they sit in the car (k = kinesthetic, feeling) and take it for a car ride.

The sales person would pay attention to the sensory language and actions the person is taking and then when talking to the customer, the sales person would use similar sensory language in the order the customer did.

So, the sales person may say something like, "I "see" you are "looking" for a new car. Did you want to "know" more about this particular car or would you like to take it for a test drive and get a "feel" for how it rides?"

The more you can learn about your customer's buying strategy, the easier it is to make a sale. Some customers take longer to make buying decisions than others because of their buying strategies.

Anyway, this is just a brief example, and something like NLP is a very valuable sales tool.

A book written specifically about sales (and NLP) by Richard Bandler is Persuasion Engineering. It's a really good book: http://www.amazon.com/Persuasion-Eng...4923703&sr=8-1

Comments? Questions?

M.

3. Default Re: putting a audio on the Procyon

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Wings, ... ...
    A book written specifically about sales (and NLP) by Richard Bandler is Persuasion Engineering. It's a really good book: ...
    Comments? Questions?
    M.
    Just a quick one Marisa, Wings!

I got this book out of the library very recently and was so looking forward to reading it. But gave up before half-way as could not stand Bandlers arrogant hard-sell approach that I thought was rather dated.

I felt rather bad until I read exactly the same comment on book in another sales/marketing book!! Felt rather good then. The book was 'Purple Cow' by Seth Godin, and I have since read a couple more of his books. Now going through 'All Marketers Are Liars'. Refreshing and up to date.

Well. You did ask for comments.

Richard
    Last edited by RichardHK; 03-07-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Typo...
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Hi Richard,

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Just a quick one Marisa, Wings!

I got this book out of the library very recently and was so looking forward to reading it. But gave up before half-way as could not stand Bandlers arrogant hard-sell approach that I thought was rather dated.

I felt rather bad until I read exactly the same comment on book in another sales/marketing book!! Felt rather good then. The book was 'Purple Cow' by Seth Godin, and I have since read a couple more of his books. Now going through 'All Marketers Are Liars'. Refreshing and up to date.

Well. You did ask for comments.

Richard
    You do bring up a good point regarding Bandler's writing style. I find it more amusing than offensive but I can appreciate how he may offend some. There are many NLP books out there that will provide the same information.

I think the main points (NLP) for someone to learn for sales training are: rapport, how to ask the right questions to elicit their buying strategies, some of the language would probably also be helpful. Can you think of anything else?

M.

Thread Information