Thread: SynchroMuse Tutorial -- file compatibility issue

Default SynchroMuse Tutorial -- file compatibility issue

MindPlace folks:

I have the deepest respect for the work that you folks are doing with these products, especially Robert's efforts.

As one of the (few?!) Apple Macintosh users, here, I'd like to REQUEST that any and all files that are uploaded to the forum, or made available, by MindPlace staff be in UNIVERSAL formats! I can't read, or understand what half of the files in the "SynchroMuse Tutorial" folder are for, as I have no idea what program created them, or in what order to open/read them. (HELP!!)

I have an older Powerbook (G4/1 gig) and emulation software (Virtual PC 7) with Windows XP Home and Office 2007. However, I rarely use this mess, as it takes quite a bit of time to open and use. Therefore, I only have the barest programs on XP, so the setup is functional, but not exhaustive. (I'm just now installing Adobe Acrobat Reader, for example!)

Converting the (Windows-specific) files (e.g. xls, etc.) to universal formats such as HTML, PDF, etc. would be MOST helpful! ... Can we avoid assuming that everyone has MS Windows and uses it enough to know all of the extensions, as well as having all of the programs that will open all of these files?!?

I'd be most grateful!

--- Patrick

Blog Entries

Default Re: SynchroMuse Tutorial -- file compatibility issue

Hi Patrick;

I understand your frustration, however the Procyon Editor at this point is only available for Windows, and it is an integral part in building a synchromuse session. So, logically, all the files are in formats that are standard for a PC.
    It would not be of any use to have them in formats that are Mac or Linux or "universal" since the synchromuse tutorial is only valid for a person running a Windows PC.

FYI - if you do decide that you want to persue this, with Parallels or bootcamp, here are what the various extensions are in that tutorial:

.raw is an Audacity file
    .xls is an MS Excel spreadsheet file
    .txt is a plain text file
    .mp3 is a compressed music file
    .bak is a backup
    .PRh is a Procyon header file
    .PRw is a Procyon session file
    .pdf is an adobe acrobat file

Hopefully that makes sense. Sorry that we don't have Mac-compatible software.

-Andy

Thread Information