Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: presage, proxima, procoyn?

1. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Hi,

I guess your are right. I never gave it any thought but "isochronic" probably means even in time (greek).

What I meant were evenly spaced pulsed tones - with soft on and soft off.

So the question should rather be: Will the isochronic tones be different from the Proteus (which in my opinion uses pulsed tones with no or little soft on / off)?

Regarding the light I actually asked if it would be softly varying (sinus modulated) - not pure on/off. I think you missed that one.

I will try and put it forward in another way. Imagine that the light never shuts completely down. It goes from say 5 % to 100 % to 5% to 100% time and time again. For 1 Hz there would be 60 cycles 5/100% during 1 minute.
    This would make it much easier for the eye muscles to relax during low frequencies. Your engineer TheRock explained that some time ago. My personal experience as well. This has nothing to do with sinus modulated sound.

The question is now: Wiil the Procyon include this feature?

Thank you for your effort.

Kind Regards

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Hello--

The Procyon uses the waveform from any of the three color channels to modulate the sound. The default modulation is "on/off", but you have the option of varying the modulation depth--unlike the Proteus. Also, the initial release includes three waveforms: sine, triangle, and pulse; the duty cycle (pulse width) can be widely varied as well, so you can substitute a narrow pulse for a square wave and likewise for the other waveforms. You can also "clip" the waveforms if you find this useful in your experimentation. The duty cycle for all three waveforms can also be programmed to vary over the course of a segment; our engineer is currentloy adding "segment looping" to the Procyon core functions and editing program.

--Robert

3. Question Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

According to this review, the Cadillac of Mind Machines is the Voyager Mind?s Eye by Theta Technologies. The reviewer, although obviously affiliated with powerstates.com, brings up some compelling features that I hope the Procoyn (or is it Procyon?) will be more than easily able to surpass;
    • pre-programmed sessions from the most renowned scientists in the industry - Rayma Ditson-Sommer, PhD, Win Wenger, PhD, Frank Young, PhD, Tom Kenyon, Richard Daab
    • can change frequency from 1 hz to 20 hz instantly - the Proteus makes the same frequency change in about 3 seconds. In real experience that equates to the difference between an interesting display and an explosive display
    • no namby-pamby soft transitions - no! Instant transitions is where it?s at - wow!

Will the upcoming Procoyn's feature set include the capability to transition between frequencies instantly?

4. Lightbulb Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Quote Originally Posted by edgebert View Post
    Will the upcoming Procoyn's feature set include the capability to transition between frequencies instantly?
    I've just located a lengthy Successor to the Proteus? discussion that may shed some light on the Procyon's expected competitiveness.

Thanks,
    ~edgebert

5. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Hi,

do you have any link that connects these people to programming of MindMachines?

pre-programmed sessions from the most renowned scientists in the industry - Rayma Ditson-Sommer, PhD, Win Wenger, PhD, Frank Young, PhD, Tom Kenyon, Richard Daab

I can't find any.

Could be interesting to hear MindPlaces answer to this. To my knowledge the sessions included in the Proteus are boiled up sessions from two older Mind Machines. Do we get another boil up in the Procyon - this time in three colours?

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:26 PM.

6. Default Re: presage, proxima, procyon?

Quote Originally Posted by MindMan View Post
    Hi,

do you have any link that connects these people to programming of MindMachines?

pre-programmed sessions from the most renowned scientists in the industry - Rayma Ditson-Sommer, PhD, Win Wenger, PhD, Frank Young, PhD, Tom Kenyon, Richard Daab
    The link is the powerstates.com description for the Mind's Eye.

Made a quick check at THETA TECHNOLOGIES, but didn't see them mentioned.

~edgebert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edgebert View Post
    According to this review, the Cadillac of Mind Machines is the Voyager Mind?s Eye by Theta Technologies. The reviewer, although obviously affiliated with powerstates.com, brings up some compelling features that I hope the Procoyn (or is it Procyon?) will be more than easily able to surpass;
    • pre-programmed sessions from the most renowned scientists in the industry - Rayma Ditson-Sommer, PhD, Win Wenger, PhD, Frank Young, PhD, Tom Kenyon, Richard Daab
    • can change frequency from 1 hz to 20 hz instantly - the Proteus makes the same frequency change in about 3 seconds. In real experience that equates to the difference between an interesting display and an explosive display
    • no namby-pamby soft transitions - no! Instant transitions is where it?s at - wow!
    Quite a dated review, with several inaccuracies, as is the comparison chart.

We designed the Voyager Mind's Eye, and have sold the design to Theta Technologies. The Proteus can certainly change frequency instantly, though most programs use frequency ramps; if you have one just fire up Proteus Editor and fire away! And yes, the Procyon will allow fast changes as well, though again most presets will shift slowly, since most customers prefer that. BTW the processor in Proteus and Procyon are ten times faster than the one in the MindsEye Voyager...

9. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Hi,

I have a feeling that a post (not mine) was cut a little upstream?

Is somebody / Edgebert missing his post?

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey MindMan;

I don't see any posted edited or deleted.

Thread Information