Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: presage, proxima, procoyn?

1. Default presage, proxima, procoyn?

What are these? Are these new products to come out from mindplace? I am guessing procoyn is the big brother of the proteus and maybe the proxima is an eeg unit?? Maybe the bigger brother of the thoughstream? But the presage? There isnt any information on the website from what I can gather!

Blog Entries

Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Hi and welcome!

These are new products that MP is working on. I am not a liberty to divulge too much about them at this time, but basically the PreSage is an updated ThoughtStream, the Procyon is a "Super-Proteus" and Proxima is the working name for any EEG products that MP may be working on.

The forums are private for beta testers and staff only.

3. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

wow awesome!! thnx, no wonder why google couldnt help me lol. I tried googling for proxima and eeg but nothing came up.

4. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

To the MindPlace Team:

As a long time Proteus user, I'm interested in the Procyon. Any update as to when this will be available? Will this be Proteus session compatible?

Looking forward to the arrival....

Thanks,

Greg

Blog Entries

Hi Greg,

I'm looking into this for you. I'll get back to you with an answer, hopefully more sooner than later.

M.

Blog Entries

Hi Greg,

Quote Originally Posted by litetech View Post
    To the MindPlace Team:

As a long time Proteus user, I'm interested in the Procyon. Any update as to when this will be available? Will this be Proteus session compatible?

Looking forward to the arrival....

Thanks,

Greg
    No release date yet on the new products. I believe the engineers are still tweaking them.

Yes, the Procyon will be able to convert the Proteus programs. I guess there will be a piece of software available (on the Mindplace support site)that will make this possible.

M.
    M.

7. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Greg,

No release date yet on the new products. I believe the engineers are still tweaking them.

Yes, the Procyon will be able to convert the Proteus programs. I guess there will be a piece of software available (on the Mindplace support site)that will make this possible.

M.
    M.
    Marisa,

Thank you for the quick response. Any updates on the availability of the Procyon when known would be appreciated.

Thanks & best regards,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi and welcome!

These are new products that MP is working on. I am not a liberty to divulge too much about them at this time, but basically the PreSage is an updated ThoughtStream, the Procyon is a "Super-Proteus" and Proxima is the working name for any EEG products that MP may be working on.

The forums are private for beta testers and staff only.
    Your saying the Proxima is an EEG device? That would be great to have!
    I'm also very interested in these Procyon and PreSage devices, I can't wait to find out more.

9. Default Re: presage, proxima, procoyn?

Hi,

the Proteus uses stimulation where both sound and light are simply turned abruptly on and off. I.e. "pulsed sound and light".

Will the new Procyon also include the option of smooth on/off. This is called "isochronic tones" for sound and "sinus" light stimulation in some other manufactyrers products.

My personal experience with the Proteus and that other machine of mine is, that relaxing stimulation i.e. below some 10 Hz is many times better with "isochronic tones" for sound and "sinus" light stimulation. Apart from my personal way of experiencing there might be another clue to this:

When sound and light is simply pulsed as is the Proteus one experiences all kind of higher harmonics, which are not relaxing at all. I.e. instead of say relaxing at pure 10 Hz - one gets the 10 Hz + 20 + 30 + ... Hz. The latter are actually creating anciety to some probably small extent.

Now how about the Procyon?

Will it include the option of "isochronic tones" for sound and "sinus" light stimulation?

Kind Regards

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindMan View Post
    Hi,

Now how about the Procyon?

Will it include the option of "isochronic tones" for sound and "sinus" light stimulation?

Kind Regards

MindMan
    Here's the answer I got from Mindplace:

If "isochronic" means "evenly spaced in time", then all LS machines that I know of (including ours) produce such tones.

The initial release will include only sine wave audio, and these can be modulated with sine, pulse (variable including square wave), and triangle waveforms, or unmodulated to produce binaural beats.

Thread Information