Thread: monocolor modality for Proteus

1. Question monocolor modality for Proteus

Please tell me how I can use just the green in my sessions. I'm not very good at this so just give me step by step instructions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: monocolor modality for Proteus

Quote Originally Posted by tucsontoad520 View Post
    Please tell me how I can use just the green in my sessions. I'm not very good at this so just give me step by step instructions.
    Is there a particular reason why you don't want both colors? Is there a particular goal you are after?

M.

3. Default Re: monocolor modality for Proteus

Yes, there is a reason. I need tranquility; I need relaxation before sleep. I find the red a distraction and a stimulant. Green and blue coloration generally prove to be more relaxing for me than the warm colors. Thanks for your inquirey.

Blog Entries

Yes, there is a reason. I need tranquility; I need relaxation before sleep. I find the red a distraction and a stimulant. Green and blue coloration generally prove to be more relaxing for me than the warm colors. Thanks for your inquiry.
    Well good news and bad news. The good news is that it can be done. The bad news is that you would have to go into the editor program and make the change there.

Programs 43 to 47 shouldn't have that much red in them. Maybe a bit at the beginning but then you will mostly have green light. Have you tried any of these programs? If not, try them and you may find that you don't need to go through the trouble of editing the programs.

M.

5. Default Re: monocolor modality for Proteus

Hi Marisa,

Thanks, again, for your input. I am trying programs 43-47 and am getting less red. However, the lights & sound do not seem to remain constant. Is this intended? Plus, I would like a solid tone without the clicking and beeping. How can I achieve that? You are a gem to help me out with this.

Blog Entries

Hi TT,

Hi Marisa,

Thanks, again, for your input. I am trying programs 43-47 and am getting less red. However, the lights & sound do not seem to remain constant. Is this intended? Plus, I would like a solid tone without the clicking and beeping. How can I achieve that? You are a gem to help me out with this.
    The sound and light in the programs will not remain constant. They will reflect the changes in the segments. The segments will do sweeps though a range of frequencies.

The "clicking" and "beeping" hmph I'm just listening to it now and don't hear anything that sounds like a click or beep. I'll forward this message to Andy and see if he knows what could be causing that.

The "easiest" way that I know of that you can get just one color (i.e. green) is to go into the editor program and shut off the red on the program. You may want to save the changed version on to your utility section.

There are instructions on how to use the editor program on the Mindplace Support Site: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm . It will take a bit of reading and tinkering but in the end, you may find that you like the programs that you create. If you get stuck, we'll help you.

M.

7. Default Re: monocolor modality for Proteus

Marisa,

Thanks once again. I will get busy with the Proteus Editor software and if I hit a brick wall I will return for help.

Blog Entries

If you're hearing a clicking, try pressing the "select" key to turn off the display while a session is running.

Thread Information