Thread: Adverse reactions... Any ideas?

1. Default Adverse reactions... Any ideas?

Hey guys, this is a powerful tool... However, I have noticed moderate shifts in behavior and moods related to the machine, almost like depression and my sleep patterns are off, not to mention crazy dreams...

i like the machine, but i dont think the color combos and rapid flicker on the presets are very good for me...

is this normal? I am fine when i do not use machine, when I do, is when I get this weird depressed feeling some hours later, meditation takes care of it but wow... this thing messes with yer head!! =)

hmm any way to slow down the visual pulses?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Adverse reactions... Any ideas?

Hi Rob,

Quote Originally Posted by robphoenix View Post
    Hey guys, this is a powerful tool... However, I have noticed moderate shifts in behavior and moods related to the machine, almost like depression and my sleep patterns are off, not to mention crazy dreams...

i like the machine, but i dont think the color combos and rapid flicker on the presets are very good for me...

is this normal? I am fine when i do not use machine, when I do, is when I get this weird depressed feeling some hours later, meditation takes care of it but wow... this thing messes with yer head!! =)

hmm any way to slow down the visual pulses?
    What program(s) have you been using?

The brainwaves reflect various states of mind. A brainwave is measured by Hz (which is X beats per second). If you suffer from depression, you'll want to target frequencies in the Alpha range which is 8 to 11 Hz. That amounts to 8 or 11 flickers per second, which is pretty fast if you think about it. SMR is 12 to 15 Hz and this range is also acceptable. Try program(s) 20 or 21 and let me know if there is a more comfortable result.

Also, the effects of the program you use will wear off in 2 hours or so, so it could be that what you are doing is working but the effects just wear off. It takes using the machine consistently for your brain to learn how to access the desired frequencies on its own and get longer lasting results.

I don't think the lower frequencies Theta/Delta would be helpful to you, unless you also suffer from anxiety and need to relax.

M.

Thread Information