Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks everyone

1. Default Re: Thanks everyone

Thanks Marisa,

We are talking to the same Robert as I contacted Mindplace through their main business website. To get answers to my questions will likely need more time than Robert has available. He should write a book on subject and sell that to us.

My EEG machine was not too good given my heavy crop of hair at the time. Would work much better now no doubt with my reduced mane. Machine was tuned to alpha and worked Ok, but too much trouble to keep connections working. The GSR biofeedback box was better and worked fine for relaxation training and I managed to sell a few to others who wanted to try same. But the 'day job' got in the way (as it tend to) and I left it all behind long ago. But great to see technologies so advanced now. Mmmm... Perhaps I could have stayed in the Mind Machine business after all?

The Mind Mirror machine concept is good and I hope Mindplace or another might deliver something similar (or better). Have read here about Mindplace working on a cheap EEG, and just hope it will not be too cheap.

Still waiting for my Procyon and AudioStream CDs. Should be with me tomorrow or soon after. Keen to learn more on the AudioStream operation with Proteus, and how best to translate to Procyon. I guess Robert and gang are well on with that work.

Found an interesting piece of music in Robert's SynchroMuse tutorial. Most eerie and quite unlike the usual relaxation style music you buy. But not heard the AudioStream Requiem CD yet that you recommend (which is why I bought it). Is that eerie too? Would have thought some folk might veer off and get into an uncomfortable experience.

Talk again soon.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thanks everyone

Hi Richard,

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Thanks Marisa,

We are talking to the same Robert as I contacted Mindplace through their main business website. To get answers to my questions will likely need more time than Robert has available. He should write a book on subject and sell that to us.
    That's what I keep telling him! Maybe we'll start a revolution and get a bunch of people to bug him about writing a book. The industry sure could use his knowledge on paper.

My EEG machine was not too good given my heavy crop of hair at the time. Would work much better now no doubt with my reduced mane. Machine was tuned to alpha and worked Ok, but too much trouble to keep connections working. The GSR biofeedback box was better and worked fine for relaxation training and I managed to sell a few to others who wanted to try same. But the 'day job' got in the way (as it tend to) and I left it all behind long ago. But great to see technologies so advanced now. Mmmm... Perhaps I could have stayed in the Mind Machine business after all?
    Maybe you should talk to Robert about working with him on a project?

The Mind Mirror machine concept is good and I hope Mindplace or another might deliver something similar (or better). Have read here about Mindplace working on a cheap EEG, and just hope it will not be too cheap.
    I don't know too much about it yet as it's still in the development stage. I really encourage you to contact Robert and share your ideas with him. Tell him what you'd like to see. Tell him about the experience with your machine. If anything, you'll get a machine more to your liking.

Mindplace isn't my company and I don't work for them, though my company does work with them (distributing, import, export etc.). In other words, I don't make any decisions on product development or anything regarding the running of their company. I'm only telling you this in case some of my answers in certain areas are vague.

Still waiting for my Procyon and AudioStream CDs. Should be with me tomorrow or soon after. Keen to learn more on the AudioStream operation with Proteus, and how best to translate to Procyon. I guess Robert and gang are well on with that work.
    The Audio Stobe CDs are made by a company unrelated to Mindplace. The company is in Germany and is called Audio Strobe. At one time, they had developed "Mind Explorer" software that allowed others to make their own AS cds. I don't know if that is still available or not. Robert came up with Synchromuse to give customers an alternative.

I just shipped a Procyon for Mindplace to HK to a Richard ... so I'm going to assume that it was for you. I put the package in the mail on Nov. 8th and from what I can see on the Canada Post website, it's left Canada and is on route. Monday was a holiday here so it got delayed by one day. You should have it sometime this week though.

Found an interesting piece of music in Robert's SynchroMuse tutorial. Most eerie and quite unlike the usual relaxation style music you buy. But not heard the AudioStream Requiem CD yet that you recommend (which is why I bought it). Is that eerie too? Would have thought some folk might veer off and get into an uncomfortable experience.
    Requiem ya ... it's a bit eerie but anyone who wants to experience an ASC (altered state of consciousness) hopefully can overlook the eeriness and enjoy the ride. I hope you find it to be everything I said it was.

M.

3. Default Re: Thanks everyone

Hi Marisa,

Procyon package arrived today ok and had a few minutes with the AudioStrobe on Proteus to good effect. But need another iPod to hold all the 4 CDs files in large high quality WAV format.

The new lightframes are fabulous compared to my 3+ year-old frames (with the pointy LEDs) and so pleased I bought them. Will let you know how I get on with Procyon and the even newer 3-color glasses.

My old EEG and GSR machines were far too basic compared to Robert's pioneering work. And forgotten how to build them having spent 25 years on heavy electrical engineering now. But will talk on applications and programming no problem. Like look of Mind Mirror due to its simple feedback display, for example.

That Requiem music is very nice. And having skipped through all the other CDs quickly I am sure I can produce similar (or should I say better) for the Procyon when I have internalised the creation process Ok.

Thanks again for the AVS Journal links. Actually got lots of useful light and sound application info in there. Michael has done a good job keeping the journal going for so long.

Best regards,
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Hi Marisa,

Procyon package arrived today ok and had a few minutes with the AudioStrobe on Proteus to good effect. But need another iPod to hold all the 4 CDs files in large high quality WAV format.
    I'm glad that you received it! That was pretty quick actually considering the distance it had to travel.

The new lightframes are fabulous compared to my 3+ year-old frames (with the pointy LEDs) and so pleased I bought them. Will let you know how I get on with Procyon and the even newer 3-color glasses.

That Requiem music is very nice. And having skipped through all the other CDs quickly I am sure I can produce similar (or should I say better) for the Procyon when I have internalised the creation process Ok.
    I certainly look forward to that!

Thanks again for the AVS Journal links. Actually got lots of useful light and sound application info in there. Michael has done a good job keeping the journal going for so long.
    I agree. I hope he keeps it going.

M.

Hi there,

Wow people building there own eeg devices.
    Making there own music.
    There is a lot of knowledge here.

Richard, I would like to build a single channel EMG.
    It has to be a small device, one to carry around trough the day.
    These commercial things are way to expansive for me.
    Do you know how to build a EMG device?
    And if so do you have a electronic circuit for me?
    Or knowing a place to find one?
    That would be great,
    Good luck with your Procyon and CD?s.

Zathom

6. Default Re: Thanks everyone

Sorry Zathom, as noted earlier I gave up my home-hobby electronics a long long time ago. Have no refs or circuits at all, but anything I used so long ago would not really be good enough now for sure. My EEG worked Ok but much prefer to buy a commercial model.

Music is another matter, and that hasn't changed too much. Just mix natural sounds with electronica and weird vocals/percussion/whatever and you are sure to get something useful.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Thread Information