Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks everyone

Default Thanks everyone

I am new here but had a Proteus (unused) for last four years! Now I have the ThoughtStream as well and finding time to get back into the Proteus as well.
    My goal is to relax better and faster and when I?m relaxed to raise my energy.
    Hopefully the Proteus, ThoughtStream and the Mental Games help me with that.
    Thanks everyone for all your input in this forum.

Zathom
    Netherlands

2. Default Re: Thanks everyone

Hi Zathom,

I am similar to you with an unused Proteus for last three years!! But got back into it and pleased with results so far. Certainly getting to relax faster, and keen to do some of my own programming with music.

This forum certainly has lots of valuable experience and active, friendly and well experienced moderators.

Look forward to us all sharing our experiences.

Richard
    Hong Kong
    Last edited by RichardHK; 11-08-2007 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Added a word for clarity!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thanks everyone

You made my day! Thanks for taking the time to post such nice comments.

M.

Blog Entries

Hi Zathom,

Quote Originally Posted by zathom View Post
    My goal is to relax better and faster and when I?m relaxed to raise my energy.
    You will probably find Alpha/Beta programs the most useful to achieve this goal. Programs 9, 33 & 34 aremostly a Alpha programs and are great for increasing the feeling of well being (which reduces stress). Programs 17-23 and 38 - 42 are Alpha/Beta programs and will also help with brain activation (increased energy & well being).

Please let me know which program you have the most success with.

Hopefully the Proteus, ThoughtStream and the Mental Games help me with that.
    The Mental games I liked the best were the ones increasing focus and concentration Sensomotoric, Digits and Focus. I sucked at the landing the balloon (I chose the space ship) and Mandala but I did like the Music Plot.

Have you tried the Mental games yet? If so, which ones do you like the best? Which ones are you good at? Which ones do you need more work on?

Thanks everyone for all your input in this forum.

Zathom
    Netherlands
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, you are a long way from Canada!

M.

Hello Richard,
    Programming with music, wauw, is that including AudioStrobe?
    I would like to make a Audiostrobe someday, but relaxing is the main goal.
    I?m to stressed to find out how to program the Proteus?

Good luck to you

Zathom

Hello Marisa,
    Thanks for the reply,
    I will try your suggestions for the Proteus programs.
    I think I will use the Thought Stream Monitor to find out witch program gives me the best results.

For the Mental Games I started with landing the object, but sometimes I?m so stressed out that the object is flying out of the screen?. Even after recalibration, just 1 time I reached the next level?. I did not tried the other games a lot, so no best game yet.
    Most of the time I use the thoughtstream standalone during relaxation or meditation. It helps to find out if a thought gives you stress and witch one is nice to you. A stress full thought raise the tone and is hard to lower etc.
    I also trying to figure out what is the best position of the sensor, palm or fingers..

And the Netherlands is not that far, just a click away.

Z.

7. Default Re: Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by zathom View Post
    Hello Richard,
    Programming with music, wauw, is that including AudioStrobe?
    I would like to make a Audiostrobe someday, but relaxing is the main goal.
    I?m to stressed to find out how to program the Proteus?
    Good luck to you
    Zathom
    Hi Zathom,

Have just ordered myself a set of Audiostream CDs to use and analyse, but main programming interest is for the Procyon and its SynchroMuse that I ordered at the same time!! Royalty-free plus three colours to master. Will be tough but enjoyable.

For the time being I have been reviewing Proteus programs in the editor and trying to figure out why these programs operate like they do. Doubt I will find a sound to light tutorial anywhere, but some reference books out there might help when I get them. Not just sound to light but brain entrainment frequencies too of course, so pretty complex to get to grips with. Marisa's website has some good book ref on (thanks again!) that I have followed up and waiting on local library and Amazon. Suddenly understand what NLP is all about for example, so always soemthing new to learn with the help of these machines.

When you find out what programs you respond to best, as dear Marisa has advised, you can then drop into the editor and start learning too. I plan to modify those that effect me the most. Also plan to create accompanying Proteus/Procyon program to accompany some of my favourite music tracks. Will just start track and program at same time and let them both run. Quick way to learn both programming and effects.

Talk again soon.

Richard
    Hong Kong
    Just another click away from the Netherlands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Hi Zathom,

Have just ordered myself a set of Audiostream CDs to use and analyze, but main programming interest is for the Procyon and its SynchroMuse that I ordered at the same time!! Royalty-free plus three colours to master. Will be tough but enjoyable.
    I look forward to reading about what you learn.

For the time being I have been reviewing Proteus programs in the editor and trying to figure out why these programs operate like they do.
    You mean why certain ranges of frequencies are used or why some of the other features in the program are used?

Doubt I will find a sound to light tutorial anywhere, but some reference books out there might help when I get them. Not just sound to light but brain entrainment frequencies too of course, so pretty complex to get to grips with.
    It is difficult to find credible information on the subject. There is a lot of bs information out there such as isochronic beats being superior to binaural beats etc. You can get a lot of good information in studying related subjects such as EEG, Neurofeedback and biofeedback. They are all related fields. Of course, you can ask questions here and discuss what you are learning and I will try to add to your information or pick Robert's brain, if I don't have the info on hand. Now if we could only download Robert's brain then ... wow... the things we'd know about L&S!

Did you see the articles on the Mindplace Support site in the Reference area? http://mindplacesupport.com/Reference.htm . There is some really good information there. Budzynski is a well known authority on the subject and his paper is worth reading. Also the Megabrain reports are worth reading as well.

On Michael Landgraf's website is a link to his publication "AVS Journals". They are on line and also worth reading: http://www.mindmachines.com/AVsJournal/AVSJournals.htm

Marisa's website has some good book ref on (thanks again!) that I have followed up and waiting on local library and Amazon. Suddenly understand what NLP is all about for example, so always something new to learn with the help of these machines.
    Thanks!

Also plan to create accompanying Proteus/Procyon program to accompany some of my favorite music tracks. Will just start track and program at same time and let them both run. Quick way to learn both programming and effects.
    Please feel free to share any programs that your write with us on the forum. We'd like that.

M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 11-11-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spell check

9. Default Re: Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I look forward to reading about what you learn.
    You mean why certain ranges of frequencies are used or why some of the other features in the program are used?
    Hi Marisa,

I understand the frequencies Ok, but interested in learning more about when/why to switch binaural in/out, and when/why to switch Sync and Sound Mod in/out for example. Also use of different colo(u)rs, switching lamps off/on, and so on... and on...

It is difficult to find credible information on the subject. There is a lot of bs information out there such as isochronic beats being superior to binaural beats etc. You can get a lot of good information ... ... I will try to add to your information or pick Robert's brain, if I don't have the info on hand. Now if we could only download Robert's brain then ... wow... the things we'd know about L&S!
    Thanks, following up those areas, and did also study same several years ago. I am one of those hobbyists (nutcases?) who built my own EEG and biofeedback machines. Haa..

If that is same Robert I have been talking to while placing my Procyon order, we just to plug him into a machine that looks like a Minimoog synthesiser and hit download.

Did you see the articles on the Mindplace Support site in the Reference area? ... ... On Michael Landgraf's website is a link to his publication "AVS Journals". They are on line and also worth reading: http://www.mindmachines.com/AVsJournal/AVSJournals.htm
    Yes, found the Mindplace support stuff and thanks for AVS link for me to review.

Please feel free to share any programs that your write with us on the forum. We'd like that.
    M.
    Will certainly do so Marisa. And rather than wait until things are perfect, which they never are, perhaps best to share anything reasonable for feedback.

Best regards,
    Richard
    Hong Kong

Blog Entries

Hi Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Hi Marisa,

I understand the frequencies Ok, but interested in learning more about when/why to switch binaural in/out, and when/why to switch Sync and Sound Mod in/out for example. Also use of different colo(u)rs, switching lamps off/on, and so on... and on...
    I'm just going to double check with Robert before I answer this question because I'm not sure if I am correct or not. I will get back to you soon on this.

Thanks, following up those areas, and did also study same several years ago. I am one of those hobbyists (nutcases?) who built my own EEG and biofeedback machines. Haa..
    Wow, that's fantastic! How did your machines turn out?

If that is same Robert I have been talking to while placing my Procyon order, we just to plug him into a machine that looks like a Minimoog synthesiser and hit download.
    I am not sure. I think you have been talking to Robpheonix, who isn't Robert "Mindplace Management". The Robert I'm referring to is Robert Austin and will have "Mindplace Management" under his name.

Yes, found the Mindplace support stuff and thanks for AVS link for me to review.
    Excellent!

Will certainly do so Marisa. And rather than wait until things are perfect, which they never are, perhaps best to share anything reasonable for feedback.
    LOL I know what you mean. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some more information for you.

M.

Thread Information