Thread: Kasina Stuck in firmware update screen

1. Default Kasina Stuck in firmware update screen

Attempted to update firmware - unsuccessfully. Now the Kasina is stuck on the update screen. Others have also asked for help on this question but no solutions are offered other than "It's fixed." So, How is this fixed? Attempts to re-set to factory were also unsuccessful. (Turn unit on while holding Volume (-) and Brightness (-) buttons, then press the center button when the text appears on the screen.) Also, neither of the "Tools" in the session editor could budge this unit to clear the update screen and the unit will not power down.

I would sincerely appreciate some help with this. Thanks! ~G~

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Stuck in firmware update screen

Please click the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page, or send an e-mail to support@mindplace.com and we'll get this sorted out for you ASAP!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon432hz. View Post
    Attempted to update firmware - unsuccessfully. Now the Kasina is stuck on the update screen. Others have also asked for help on this question but no solutions are offered other than "It's fixed." So, How is this fixed? Attempts to re-set to factory were also unsuccessful. (Turn unit on while holding Volume (-) and Brightness (-) buttons, then press the center button when the text appears on the screen.) Also, neither of the "Tools" in the session editor could budge this unit to clear the update screen and the unit will not power down.

I would sincerely appreciate some help with this. Thanks! ~G~

I had the same problem.
    I connected Kasina (without a memory card!!!) to the computer (windows) via USB. Kasina is displayed as a drive. Only the 'firmware.bin' file can be seen there. Delete it! Then carry out the update again via the KBS editor.
    I did update twice (???). Now FW2.11 is installed.
    Last edited by aynnob; 06-14-2023 at 04:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Very glad you were able to fix the issue.

If anyone has this problem in the future, please contact us at support@mindplace.com so we can help.

As I am the person who wrote the Editor and firmware updater, I would love to have the opportunity to fix this "stuck in firmware update mode" issue, but so far I've never seen it first-hand or even 2nd hand. If, at some point I can work with someone who has a "stuck" console, WHILE IT'S STUCK, I may be able to figure out a way for the Editor to deal with that scenario.

It's SUCH a rare occurrence. People have always been able to fix the issue on their own before I have a chance to speak to them.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information