Thread: Intensity comparisons

1. Default Intensity comparisons

Not sure where to put this. I'm new to this forum but have been around this stuff for 30 + years. I have a couple of the older Proteus machines and, when letting someone have their first experience, I would choose the Pyrotechnics program to give them an idea of the insane inner visual cortex hallucinations. The Limina has a program similar but far tamer. My kids have stolen my Proteus machines and thought I would upgrade to the Kisina. I'd heard good things - but - I have yet to find any programs that have near the intensity as the other two machines. I'm hoping I just don't know what I'm doing but very unimpressed with what might be called "entertainment" sessions.

Also, I'm seeing some references to more advanced devices ($$) but finances aren't my consideration. So, any advise about that would be helpful.

The Kasina sessions are well done and work from their intended purposes but, unless I'm missing something obvious, it has virtually no 'wow' factor. I'm an old hippie and every once in a while I need to blow the pipes clean! 30 minute deep meditation/focus sessions are great but, sometimes, I want to blow the center of my brain out through my eye balls.

Thanks for looking at this. Hoping for some info/comments/salvation.

Thanks - super excited to be here.

Default Re: Intensity comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by inverted_eyeballs View Post
    Not sure where to put this. I'm new to this forum but have been around this stuff for 30 + years. I have a couple of the older Proteus machines and, when letting someone have their first experience, I would choose the Pyrotechnics program to give them an idea of the insane inner visual cortex hallucinations. The Limina has a program similar but far tamer. My kids have stolen my Proteus machines and thought I would upgrade to the Kisina. I'd heard good things - but - I have yet to find any programs that have near the intensity as the other two machines. I'm hoping I just don't know what I'm doing but very unimpressed with what might be called "entertainment" sessions.

Also, I'm seeing some references to more advanced devices ($$) but finances aren't my consideration. So, any advise about that would be helpful.

The Kasina sessions are well done and work from their intended purposes but, unless I'm missing something obvious, it has virtually no 'wow' factor. I'm an old hippie and every once in a while I need to blow the pipes clean! 30 minute deep meditation/focus sessions are great but, sometimes, I want to blow the center of my brain out through my eye balls.

Thanks for looking at this. Hoping for some info/comments/salvation.

Thanks - super excited to be here.
    The Proteus is only a two channel machine, the Kasina and Limina have six channels. This allows complete control over the flicker frequency color and intensity of each LED in each eye. Have you tried any of the MP3 sessions that are posted here and on our Facebook page?

The only extra device I would recommend would be the DeepVision ganzframes. You could purchase them together as a bundle or you can get the frames later. If you're looking for a wow factor, open eye is the way to go.

Greetings and welcome! It's true that the Proteus was pretty bright, with two red and two green LEDs per eye. These started out as the old "bulb" style LEDs that focussed all their light on relatively small spots, then changed to surface mount LEDs with a much wider cone of light, for better coverage. The Kasina/Limina platform uses 3 blue, 2 green and 1 red LED in the standard GanzFrames, like the Procyon, but are not quite as bright since the illumination alternatives left/right at a high frequency. Most customers find this slight reduction in brightness just fine, and we don't receive complaints about the LEDs being too bright much, anymore. The DeepVision glasses are brighter because your eyes are open and gazing at an illuminated surface. So in your case, we'd recommend those... very colorful and I sure see a lot of patterns with them! Enjoy...

4. Cool Re: Intensity comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Greetings and welcome! It's true that the Proteus was pretty bright, with two red and two green LEDs per eye. These started out as the old "bulb" style LEDs that focussed all their light on relatively small spots, then changed to surface mount LEDs with a much wider cone of light, for better coverage. The Kasina/Limina platform uses 3 blue, 2 green and 1 red LED in the standard GanzFrames, like the Procyon, but are not quite as bright since the illumination alternatives left/right at a high frequency. Most customers find this slight reduction in brightness just fine, and we don't receive complaints about the LEDs being too bright much, anymore. The DeepVision glasses are brighter because your eyes are open and gazing at an illuminated surface. So in your case, we'd recommend those... very colorful and I sure see a lot of patterns with them! Enjoy...
    Okay . . . now we're talking!

Appreciate the advice. I was about to return them as the process of moving the files to the SD required multiple steps. There has to be an easier way but the only thing I could think of was to download the stuff to a thumb drive and connect it to my ipad via a multi-hub external that I, also, put the SD drive in - then - I had to move the files from the thumb drive to the SD and then put back in the Kasina. The Kasina doesn't show as an external device when plugged into my computer's usb port(s). Again, the chances are quite high, and probable, that I've made this very difficult as I can't imagine people haven't griped about the multi-step process. Computer dudes are welcome to chuckle at my efforts as long as they send advice which I'm guessing will be to read past posts which I'm about to do now.

Also, it turns out that this would have been better posted on the sub-group for questions about the equipment rather than sessions. Sorry about that.

I take back everything I said about the wow factor!

Thanks!

Blog Entries

You shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops. Something's not quite right.

I've detailed the steps in the post linked below, maybe let me know where you're running into problems.

https://mindplacesupport.com/forum/s...-micro-SD-card
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information