Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

1. Default Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Hi,

I usually meditate with audiostrobe recordings using DeepVision goggles - up until recently everything was working perfectly. Since today, when I listen to my usual audiostrobe recordings on Color Set 1 RGB-L/R, all I'm seeing is white light, no colour. When I check under settings->visuals->color balance, every setting shows white light on L/R, no color. (see picture below).

kasina.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the standard frames to cross check.

I recorded the entirety of "Test Lights and sound" on the SD card support folder and uploaded to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmR77fp8X3Y.

So, I'm not sure whether is is an issue with the Kasina or the DeepVision goggles.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Looks like you might have been testing with the old "Test Lights and Sound" track.

Try this one, and listen along as it explains what it's doing.

If you find there's a hardware issue, please contact us at support@mindplace.com to get it resolved. :-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Also, since noticing the problem, I performed a factory settings reset and updated to the latest firmware. No difference.

4. Default Re: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Andy,

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I tried that file - Individual colours are correct - "all colours" show as white. Is that correct?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Yep! Red+Green+Blue = White! :-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Thanks! I'll contact support -

Something is up though - It seems weird that I'm just seeing L/R white for every option under settings->visuals->color balance. Audiostrobe with RGB/LR just flashes white when it used to show complex colours.

Blog Entries

Internal SS and KBS tracks are fine, though, correct?

Are you using factory AS tracks or 3rd party ones?

Are you streaming the AS tracks using USB or AUX or playing them from the micro-SD card?

RGB/LR by definition is white light, with Channel 1 mapped left, Channel 2 mapped right. Sounds like the Kasina is working exactly as it's supposed to, not sure why you were getting a different result before!
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Andy,

Internal SS and KBS work, but seem a little off - less complex colours and effects than I remember. Especially the mind art section which I remember was very visual.

I've tested the factory AS tracks and 3rd party and they all show just flashing white light on Color Set 1.

I don't normally use AUX, but I copied one of the AS files to my computer and tested it via USB - it did the same.

I do realise that RGB/LR would display white light when each input is the same intensity, but shouldn't AS decode be modulating the RGB levels to create colours/effects? It seems that has stopped happening, or some issue with the goggles.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay1962 View Post
    Internal SS and KBS work, but seem a little off - less complex colours and effects than I remember. Especially the mind art section which I remember was very visual.
    Gotcha. It would be good to compare with the regular Ganzframes - did you say you don't have those anymore?

I've tested the factory AS tracks and 3rd party and they all show just flashing white light on Color Set 1.
    That sounds correct. AS is only 2 channels. ColorSets allow you to choose which colours or channels (L/R) to map those 2 channels to. SS and KBS can control all 6 channels individually.

I don't normally use AUX, but I copied one of the AS files to my computer and tested it via USB - it did the same.
    Ok, good to test that.

I do realise that RGB/LR would display white light when each input is the same intensity, but shouldn't AS decode be modulating the RGB levels to create colours/effects? It seems that has stopped happening, or some issue with the goggles.
    Again, AS is only 2 channels, so it's a very limited format. I would recommend looking for SpectraStrobe (SS) formatted sessions whenever possible.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: Problem with Kasina and DeepVision Goggles

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, AS is older, but I'm a creature of habit and my regular daily session. I've emailed support linking this thread.

Here is another YouTube video showing me trying every setting under settings->Color Balance: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ynjWKzOA5_A

Thread Information