Thread: Limina with AUX or USB

1. Question Limina with AUX or USB

Hi,
    I am trying to play my Limina while running a hypnosis session from my laptop. When I use the AUX the sound comes over but it is very soft and crackles so it is not usable. When I connect the USB from my laptop to the device, I can only get the hypnosis session by going to the Main Menu/USB option. It plays the hypnosis session perfectly but when I leave the option to play the session, it gets lost. It seems right now the only way to do it is to use the glasses from the Limina and use separate headphones from my laptop. I would think there is a way to do this because in the past I did it with the Procyon model. Does anyone know how to achieve this? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Limina with AUX or USB

Just so I'm clear, are you trying to push the audio of a track from your laptop to your Limina or play a track on the Limina and also from your computer at the same time?
    The first is definitely doable via USB, not sure about the 2nd.

Let me know specifically what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Limina with AUX or USB

Hi,

I am trying to run my hypnosis file from my laptop to limina while I am listening to the limina track so they are merged together. I think the sound from the limina in the background would be a good effect. As I said before right now I can't get it to play well. With the aux, they kind of merge but the sound from the file on my laptop has too much interference. With the USB I can get to it from main menu and click in USB, I can run the file perfectly. The problem is that when I click back to go to the sessions menu to bring up the sessions, it drops the USB sound. I know I did this years ago with the Procyon so I would think I could do it with the limina. Any help is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Understood.
    I don't think you can stream USB at the same time as internal sessions.
    Try replacing the audio cable you're using for AUX to see if that fixes the crackling issue.
    Try another audio source like a smartphone or anything in place of your computer to see if the crackling is because of your computer or the cable, or something else.

Let me know what you find!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Limina with AUX or USB

Thanks. That actually did work. I can't use my IPhone because it doesn't have the AUX connector but I did have a digital recorder which worked fine. I guess we can call this one solved.
    It does beg the question though "If the USB can't channel audio when a person is using the sound/light program, what is the point of having it?". Maybe I am missing something.
    In any case, it is working fine and it maybe even better than the laptop because my digital recorder is small and compact. Thanks again.

Blog Entries

The point is to allow you to stream AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe tracks into the Limina since they can't be stored in the Limina's internal memory.
    That works fine with USB but you can't mix the streamed audio with the internal tracks when using USB is all.
    -Andy.

Take any Audiostrobe or Spectrastrobe session downloaded from the forum here or the factory downloads that are .mp3 or .WAV, load it into any DAW like Audacity, then load in your hypnosis session, and mix the 2. It's very simple. I can walk you through it if you want.

8. Default Re: Limina with AUX or USB

Thanks for the solution but I think using the digital recorder is probably a better avenue to pursue for this because it is compact.
    I appreciate it anyway.

Thread Information