Thread: limina adding new files

1. Question limina adding new files

Hello

I recently bought a limina mind machine, and I cannot figure out how to add other/outside files. I can connect it to my mac and drag and drop files, but everything i download seems too big for the machine, or if it isnt, wont play on the machine when I select it from the appropriate folder. That includes downloads from this site in the limina section.

(this is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/Mindplace-Lim...s%2C159&sr=8-3)

Can anyone help me understand this or how to work it?

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries

Default Re: limina adding new files

The Limina does not has sufficient storage space for audio files (mp3/SpectraStrobe/AudioStrobe). It's one of the main differences between the Limina and Kasina.

See here: https://mindplace.com/pages/product
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: limina adding new files

is there a way to find new/extra .kbs files I can add?

Blog Entries

If you have a recent Limina, you probably have all the latest KBS files.
    Check here: http://mindplacesupport.com/limina/#content

You can still play SpectraStrobe and AudioStrobe content on your Kasina, you just have to "stream" it to your device using the USB cable or AUX input. You play it on your computer or playback device, connected to your Limina. Not as convenient as the Kasina, but it does work.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: limina adding new files

Thank you!

6. Lightbulb Re: limina adding new files

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The Limina does not has sufficient storage space for audio files (mp3/SpectraStrobe/AudioStrobe). It's one of the main differences between the Limina and Kasina.
    https://mindplace.com/pages/product
    Hearing this is surprising because Limina's product description clearly says "Over 100 Light & Sound sessions are included, with plenty of memory available for you to add more."

Also, quoting from its user's manual, page 10 "The Limina’s memory capacity is large and only about one fifth is filled with the factory sessions."
    ____
    Are KBS files surprisingly small?
    ____
    Also, another question: when connecting Limina to the PC via USB, is it possible to not be recognised because of Windows10? I am asking if you need an older windows or Windows10 with the original cable should work fine?
    Last edited by InfiniteOne; 05-18-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteOne View Post
    "Over 100 Light & Sound sessions are included, with plenty of memory available for you to add more."
    Absolutely true!

Are KBS files surprisingly small?
    Yes, they are.

Also, another question: when connecting Limina to the PC via USB, is it possible to not be recognised because of Windows10? I am asking if you need an older windows or Windows10 with the original cable should work fine?
    It works with all versions of Windows, but have not tested it with Windows 11 (my guess is that it would work just fine). Make sure to select "USB" on the Limina and press the centre button. In a few moments, the Limina's internal memory should show up as an external drive. DO NOT RE-FORMAT THIS DRIVE!
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: limina adding new files

Page 2 of the manual "The Limina can also decode audio tracks encoded with SpectraStrobe™ and legacy AudioStrobe"

Now, I hope this doesn't refer only to ColorOrgan feature bacause on page 10 the following is stated

"...the top/up button on the Control Ring is used to toggle between the Spectrastrobe/AudioStrobe decoder and the Color Organ"

1. So what is understood here and on the product comparison page is the fact that Lumina can decode SS and AS files WITHOUT ColorOrgan, through the USB feature. Can you confirm that the screen on the Limina should display SS/AS as recognised formats?

2. Also, will the USB quality always surpass the AUX Patch cable?

3. Finally what program do you recomand when playing SS/AS from the PC with USB attached? Many thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteOne View Post
    1. So what is understood here and on the product comparison page is the fact that Lumina can decode SS and AS files WITHOUT ColorOrgan, through the USB feature. Can you confirm that the screen on the Limina should display SS/AS as recognised formats?
    Not quite understanding your question, but yes, the Limina can decode SS and AS formats. It will automatically detect them when the Limina is in AUX mode and a properly encoded SS or AS track is played into the AUX input (headphone output on player connected to AUX input on Limina). The same will happen if you connect the Limina to your computer using the USB cable and the Limina is in USB mode. Play the AS/SS track on your computer with USB selected as your sound output on your computer, and the Limina will decode it.

In either of these situations, you can press the up side of the control wheel to change the decoding method to Color Organ if you wish.

2. Also, will the USB quality always surpass the AUX Patch cable?
    Not necessarily. Might be less noisy, but try it for yourself to see. Make sure though that the volume is turned up on your playback source (MP3 player or computer). Run it at near or full volume on your MP3 player or computer.

3. Finally what program do you recomand when playing SS/AS from the PC with USB attached? Many thanks!
    Doesn't matter, just make sure whatever program it is, that it doesn't RE-ENCODE the files. iTunes used to do that when you imported songs, it would change the format from mp3 or WAV to AAC. You don't want any conversions done or it might strip the AS/SS encoding.

Hope that helps!
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: limina adding new files

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Doesn't matter, just make sure whatever program it is, that it doesn't RE-ENCODE the files. iTunes used to do that when you imported songs, it would change the format from mp3 or WAV to AAC. You don't want any conversions done or it might strip the AS/SS encoding.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for your replies! Hey sorry it took for ever to get back to you - but I have some feedback

I succeeded to convince my Limina to play SS and AS using the PC USB port - for some reason using AUX jack cable from my phone sends only ColorOrgan type of signal.

Can you confirm that you can in fact play SS or AS from your phone, using maybe SoundCloud or other audio app?

What do you recomand in this whole Limina setup game?
    IMG_20221018_222744 (1).jpg
    Last edited by InfiniteOne; 10-20-2022 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added a question and picture

Thread Information