Thread: Strange Problem

1. Default Strange Problem

Hi,
    I have just acquired the Limina and I actually like it better than the Procyon, but I have a strange problem.
    I know that the Ganzframes should be used with closed eyes, but I was a bit curious... Well, what I have noticed and what I think is a bit unusual is that there are some color combinations (after I noticed this problem in the Procyon night sessions I decided to start a Sirius session just to test all color combinations) where there is a red led on the right but not on the left? I have even tried to reduce the brightness of the right red led just in case, but it didn't change or correct this unusual problem. It does not even seem to flash, but it is just on... In the Procyon night sessions both red leds are active at the beginning, then the left one disappears at some stage, but if I start again it appears again, so it is not really random.
    Can you please advise? I have to know if it is a problem so I can tell the seller in case it is...
    Thank you.

2. Default Re: Strange Problem

It appears that if I increase the brightness of all LEDs (using the button on the right of the device) the problem almost disappears. I still consider it strange, but as we are supposed to keep our eyes closed, maybe it is better to keep the brightness high. I had just reduced it a bit for the night sessions.

Default Re: Strange Problem

Quote Originally Posted by HighVisions View Post
    Hi,
    I have just acquired the Limina and I actually like it better than the Procyon, but I have a strange problem.
    I know that the Ganzframes should be used with closed eyes, but I was a bit curious... Well, what I have noticed and what I think is a bit unusual is that there are some color combinations (after I noticed this problem in the Procyon night sessions I decided to start a Sirius session just to test all color combinations) where there is a red led on the right but not on the left? I have even tried to reduce the brightness of the right red led just in case, but it didn't change or correct this unusual problem. It does not even seem to flash, but it is just on... In the Procyon night sessions both red leds are active at the beginning, then the left one disappears at some stage, but if I start again it appears again, so it is not really random.
    Can you please advise? I have to know if it is a problem so I can tell the seller in case it is...
    Thank you.
    You are probably experiencing this when doing older Audiostrobe sessions. Audiostrobe being analog does not lend itself well to being separated in more than two channels. When multicolor LED ganzframes came out, some of us got creative and adjusted things such as pan and brightness to achieve different colors. It's more of an art than a science when it comes to Audiostrobe.

The newer ganzframes are calibrated to be used closed eyed. Closing the eyes puts a red filter over your retinas, so the red LED is toned down. You can go into Settings> Visuals and adjust the intensity of each LED.

Some sessions, usually using Spectrastrobe, separate different colors in each eye. I doubt if that is the case in your circumstance. When it comes to Audiostrobe, you must "dial in" the right combination of input and export volume to achieve the desired result. I try to set it to where the lights are as bright as possible with a clean distinction in between beats.

4. Default Re: Strange Problem

Thank you for your reply.
    I am just using the sessions that came with the Limina, but yes, I don't think there is a problem with my Ganzframes. I have found this video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehNK6Jg8Fc and basically the red light I mentioned is what you see in the upper Ganzframes. But as they are supposed to be used with closed eyes it is not really a problem. I did decrease the brightness of the right red LED to 70. I think the reason why the problem is less evident when the brightness of the Ganzframes is at its maximum is that the other LEDs are so bright that they overpower that little red LED...

5. Default Re: Strange Problem

I like to use the Ganzframes with open eyes too by the way. I have put two masking tape "patches" on the LEDs and they work well for me

Default Re: Strange Problem

That works. Anything you can use as a diffuser. Gauze eye patches work well too. Be aware however that the standard frames are calibrated to be filtered through the eyelids. If it is important to represent a specific color other than straight red green or blue, you may have to adjust the settings. Settings> Visuals> Color Balance.

7. Default Re: Strange Problem

Good idea. I will try gauze eye patches too. I have also tried some thin white paper and the effect is great, but it moves and does not really look great.
    I find the Procyon creative visualization sessions particularly fascinating with open eyes...
    Can they be used before going to bed by the way? They are so exciting that I am afraid they will keep me awake.

Thread Information