Thread: Do any of the LS glasses output in the deep red frequency range, eg 670NM

1. Default Do any of the LS glasses output in the deep red frequency range, eg 670NM

Came across this recent article

Morning exposure to deep red light improves declining eyesight

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1124154118.htm

Relevant section

"In studying the effects of deep red light in humans, researchers built on their previous findings in mice, bumblebees and fruit flies, which all found significant improvements in the function of the retina's photoreceptors when their eyes were exposed to 670 nanometre (long wavelength) deep red light.

"Mitochondria have specific sensitivities to long wavelength light influencing their performance: longer wavelengths spanning 650 to 900nm improve mitochondrial performance to increase energy production," said Professor Jeffery."

Wondering if my Sirius or Procyon could handle this task or whether I need to acquire some more tech?

Default Re: Do any of the LS glasses output in the deep red frequency range, eg 670NM

Quote Originally Posted by sibble-comp View Post
    Came across this recent article

Morning exposure to deep red light improves declining eyesight

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1124154118.htm

Relevant section

"In studying the effects of deep red light in humans, researchers built on their previous findings in mice, bumblebees and fruit flies, which all found significant improvements in the function of the retina's photoreceptors when their eyes were exposed to 670 nanometre (long wavelength) deep red light.

"Mitochondria have specific sensitivities to long wavelength light influencing their performance: longer wavelengths spanning 650 to 900nm improve mitochondrial performance to increase energy production," said Professor Jeffery."

Wondering if my Sirius or Procyon could handle this task or whether I need to acquire some more tech?
    The red LED's produce 620- 630 nm wavelength. I don't know how important this is to be off a little. Can't hurt though. Most people use blue or green light in the morning to produce serotonin production. Red is usually used at night as to not disturb sleep cycles.

Thread Information