Thread: Special Session

Question Special Session

I made a session like this for the 30 Day Meditation Challenge a few months ago. Copied from the Facebook group page:

A little late for 4/20 day (hey, no judgements here ��), this session is sure to send you down the rabbit hole whether you indulge in substances or not! The lights are constantly flickering at 40 Hz, then further modulated to 7.83 Hz. A few spots will have bursts of pure 40 Hz gamma. Wild color mixes are best viewed open eye for more of a psychedelic experience, closed eye for more of a meditative session. Take a trip without leaving the house! Credit Silas Durocher for the original music.
    Psychedelic Journey

It worked out so well, I made an extended version that goes down to theta, then delta:

The original music by Silas Durocher is an hour long, so I enhanced the 20 min version to give you the whole experience! First, there is ramp from beta down to 7.83 Hz. After a good time spent there, we go down to 5.5 Hz, the inner guidance frequency. Then down to 4.5 Hz, shamanistic state of mind frequency. Finally we drop down to 3.92 Hz, the sub harmonic of 7.83 Hz. If the Schumann Resonance can be termed as "thalpha" the sub harmonic can be classified as "thelta" ��. Finally, I put in a ramp at the end to bring you back to reality.
    Psychedelic Journey (Long)

2. Default Re: Need help: Theta Light cycles overlaying with Gamma Sound? In KBS Editor

Yes Joe, I came a cross that session a while back, I did not tried it yet though :/ Thanks to Paul Grace I now have 18.8Gb worth of sessions.
    I will place this session on my to-do-list.

I was wondering if the music that is overlaid on a session would also causes entrainment, if so would that counteract with the (binaural) beat and the lights? I got a feeling that sessions with just pure beats would be more effective. What your take on that?

Default Re: Special Session

I was wondering if the music that is overlaid on a session would also causes entrainment, if so would that counteract with the (binaural) beat and the lights? I got a feeling that sessions with just pure beats would be more effective. What your take on that?
    Appropriate music can add to the entrainment for sure. Check out the book Symphony of the Brain. It can counteract if inappropriate; Ride of the Valkyries would not make a good relaxation session . When adding beats to music, it helps if you use frequencies and tempos that will match at least in harmonics. That way, the beat of the entrainment will fall in line with the beat of the music. Pure beats do produce a clear and strong cortical response, which should mean that they would be more effective at entrainment. Howeverthe brain will eventually disregard repetitive sounds as background noise. Some kind of movement, either in pitch or in 3D movement is needed to keep it fresh in your mind. Note that flashing light has a much stronger impact on the brain, and will likely overpower audio entrainment if not in sync.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Special Session

Links fixed. Please let me know if you have any trouble downloading these sessions.
    Thank you JoeV for making them!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information