Thread: Convert any audio to Audiostrobe

Default Convert any audio to Audiostrobe

Ok so as far as I understand Audiostrobe or any of the other variants are just recorded signals above the hearing threshold (19.2 khz). Is it possible to simply shift the frequencies of a given music piece to these frequencies? Maybe with something like a Hilbert Transform plugin, would that create audiostrobe? I have in mind some interesting pieces...

Thanks.
    Last edited by ikk; 07-10-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Default Re: Convert any audio to Audiostrobe

If you shifted the audio to a SS or AS frequency will make it inaudible. It might drive the lights, but they will not flicker unless modulated. I've never tried it, but i assume it would not be worth the effort. I assume the lights would come on as long as there is sufficient sound, but it would be erratic for sure. To create an AS track, open a tone generator and create a tone at 19.2 Hz, and modulate it with a LFO.

What you can do with a Frequency Shifter is shift the frequency of some audio by X amount of Hz, pan all the way to one side, then put the original panned to the other side. Theoretically, this will form a binaural beat at the frequency offset. Binaural beats are very finicky on what carrier tones are used, so it is not the most efficient way to produce them, but it is still cool and may add to hemispheric synchronization. I did this on this session https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlam0m2hkk...tless.mp3?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    If you shifted the audio to a SS or AS frequency will make it inaudible. It might drive the lights, but they will not flicker unless modulated. I've never tried it, but i assume it would not be worth the effort. I assume the lights would come on as long as there is sufficient sound, but it would be erratic for sure. To create an AS track, open a tone generator and create a tone at 19.2 Hz, and modulate it with a LFO.

What you can do with a Frequency Shifter is shift the frequency of some audio by X amount of Hz, pan all the way to one side, then put the original panned to the other side. Theoretically, this will form a binaural beat at the frequency offset. Binaural beats are very finicky on what carrier tones are used, so it is not the most efficient way to produce them, but it is still cool and may add to hemispheric synchronization. I did this on this session https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlam0m2hkk...tless.mp3?dl=0
    Sorry for late reply, the file is deleted. Can you tell me how to shift the frequency exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ikk View Post
    Sorry for late reply, the file is deleted. Can you tell me how to shift the frequency exactly?
    In Reaper there is a plugin called Pitch Shifter. You can do a lot of cool things with it. Search it on YouTube, there are several videos on it.

Thread Information