Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limitation in Procyon?

Default Limitation in Procyon?

I am a happy user of Procyon and have always seen it as one of the better personal AVS units, unfortunately I have now reached something that seems to have been meant as a feature, but acts as a limitation, the Auto-off. Let me first explain why it acts as a limitation in my case. I wish to achieve a state of lucidity in my dreams, because light is the best way to make you lucid in a dream I have made a setup that will shine light on my eyes when I sleep. I have also trained myself to do checks if I see fireworks or something similar. The setup works like this, I have an audio file which is tuned to my sleep-phase and uses audio stimulation to make sure I follow my natural sleep-phase. When I am at the optimal place in my sleep-phase the audio file starts with AudioStrobe signals so that the glasses start and this should give me an indication in the dream for me to perform a check, but because of the Auto-off, after 80 min the Procyon shuts down and since the optimal place much more later then the 80 min, I don't get any indication that I am sleeping. This is probably so that the Procyon will save batteries, but I tried with no batteries inserted and connected directly to the wall through an USB charger, but it made no difference. Porting the audio file to a Procyon session is also not an option because I do not have the frequencies used in the file. Now what I want to know is if there is a way to disable to Auto-off? If not is this something we might see in a future firmware? Thanks

Default Re: Limitation in Procyon?

I see there wasn't as much feedback as I was hoping for, at least I was hoping someone had ideas on how I might accomplish my task. Also I have been searching for similar questions on the forum and see that none was answered if MindPlace are condsidering adding an option to disable that Auto-off in a future firmware revision. Might this be because there are limitations in the hardware part itself? I doubt so very much, but I do belive there might be other reasons they wish to keep it this way in addition to battery life. Do anyone know of any alternative reason MindPlace might not want to add a way to disable Auto-off?

Blog Entries

I'll forward your message to Robert as it's something that is beyond my ability to answer.

M.

It seems like this question will not get answered. Thanks for trying anyway Marisa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by encite View Post
    It seems like this question will not get answered. Thanks for trying anyway Marisa.
    Ah you give up too soon. My email may have gotten missed amongst the many, many emails Robert gets.

I'll try again.

M.

Hi, Encite--

We've added the auto-off to our "to do" list for a future Procyon OS upgrade--something we added this year to the Proteus. Shouldn't be difficult, but our engineer Todd Stone is finishing another project first.

Robert

Thanks for the answer, as long as you have added it to the todo list then I am satisfied. I must say this and the issue of not being able to connect normal 2 colour glasses to the Procyon (which I understand there are going to be made adapters for) are the only 2 issues I have had so far with the Procyon, so I am mighty impressed and satisfied with it thus far.

And Marisa, you were right, I did give up to soon, thanks for not giving up on the issue, because of you I got an answer. I would also like to appologize if I seemed a bit impatience, that was not my intention.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by encite View Post
    And Marisa, you were right, I did give up to soon, thanks for not giving up on the issue, because of you I got an answer. I would also like to apologize if I seemed a bit impatience, that was not my intention.

I'm glad that you spoke up when you didn't get your question answered. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating it can be to ask a question and not get an answer. I also appreciate the reminder when someone doesn't get an answer.

M.

9. Default Re: Limitation in Procyon?

I, too am interested in disabling the "auto-off". Is there any progress on this?
    Thanks!

Also interested to disable the auto off feature.

One of the main reasons I buyed the procyon was to test and experiment with lucid dreams, but the auto off doesn't help.

It could also help to market the machine for another use.

And sorry for the misspelled words, if any. My main language is Spanish

Waiting for the update.

Thread Information