Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

1. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

Same charger & cable I have used for over a year with no problems - now it wont charge & is dead

I have to assume the cable has become damaged? would this be the most likely reason?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

Either the charger or cable may have failed.

Was the Kasina charging fully? Did the "filling" battery icon on the top right of the screen ever turn green after charging?

If your Kasina will still power on, and while the Kasina is plugged into the USB charger, can you please go to Settings/Service and tell me what these numbers show:

• Batt. Voltage:
    • Charge Curr.:
    • CPU Voltage:
    • USB Voltage:
    • FW:
    • HW:

If your Kasina will not power on AT ALL, then please try the following procedure exactly, carefully reading, in particular, steps 3 to 5:

1. Remove the micro-SD card from your Kasina
    2. Plug in your Kasina to a "known good" USB power source. This can be a USB power supply or the USB port on your computer, just check that it's working by using it to power another device in your house (cell phone/MP3 player, etc)
    3. Let it charge for a minimum of 1 hour
    4. After letting it charge, unplug the USB cable from the Kasina, and leave it disconnected for 15 seconds. Keep the other end of the USB cable connected to the USB power source
    5. Plug the USB cable back into the Kasina, again leaving it connected to the USB power source, and quickly press the power button on the Kasina
    6. Your Kasina SHOULD fire up at this point. You can now continue to charge the Kasina, noting the battery "filling" animation until the icon is solid green. While it's charging, take note of the above charging information under Settings/Service
    7. Get the values from the above Settings/Service menu and post them here while it's charging
    8. When the Kasina is fully charged, update it to the latest firmware
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

its fully dead now

will get a new cable when I return home in a weeks time

4. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

Quote Originally Posted by gareth View Post
    its fully dead now

will get a new cable when I return home in a weeks time
    My charger is set on 5v 1500mA

Tried different cables - no joy

Its just a black screen - if I press the white round middle button the screen flashes white and thats all

Blog Entries

You tried the EXACT procedure shown above?
    It's tricky to get right, so try it a few times, using the thickest USB cable you have. If still no luck, then contact us at support@mindplace.com for further assistance.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

I tried one of the cables & it doesnt work with my camera - the other does however

Here in New Zealand these cables are actually difficult to find - the easiest supplier is PBtech & I have a second cable from them

This one works for my camera but not the Kasina. I think the power supply is OK. Will hunt for an alternative cable supplier.

Actually they have more than one supplier I will try one of these https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/CAB...-5-Pin-Male-c?
    Last edited by gareth; 04-13-2023 at 02:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gareth View Post
    Here in New Zealand these cables are actually difficult to find - the easiest supplier is PBtech & I have a second cable from them
    Really? Amazon has lots!

e.g. https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-.../dp/B00NH13S44
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

OK first problem today is the micro sd card will not come out. I am in a hotel with nothing sharp to budge it

Can I charge with it in?

I will soon find out as I have it plugged into my laptop USB. Still just a black screen - will wait one hour

9. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

Magical - I followed your instructions and yes it worked - could not get the card out however

Yes in the past it has worked perfectly with green bars etc

I have book marked this thread so hopefully get it right in the future

Thanks

Blog Entries

Great!

Use your thumbnail to push in the ?SD card. It should go in a little and then spring back out so you can grab it and remove it.
    -Andy.

Thread Information