Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

1. Question Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

Tried using my Kasina after not using it for many months. Took over 8 hours to get enough of a charge to turn it on but even though it's showing charging, when I unplug it the battery level shows almost dead no matter how long I charge it. It was working if I kept it plugged in but my cord isn't long enough to get it where I need it. Now when I try to power it on, it just says "low battery" and doesn't turn on. What options do I have to fix this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

While charging, what do you see under Settings/Service for the following lines:

Batt. Voltage:
    Charge Curr.:
    USB Voltage:
    FW:
    HW:
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

It wouldn't go past the "low battery" screen no matter how long I charged it. I ended up doing a factory reset and updated the firmware. Now showing:
    Batt. Voltage: 3:18V
    Charge Curr.: 0.04A
    USB Voltage: 4.88
    FW: KasinaFW2.06
    HW: Kasina MMS 1.2

Blog Entries

Charge Curr. of 0.04A is WAY too low. It won't charge the Kasina properly at that level.
    You should be seeing 0.50A or higher when charging (until the battery is fully charged).

First thing I would do is find another USB cable. The thicker the better.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

Tried another cord and another USB plug but it's not moving past .05, mostly moving back and forth between .03 & .04.
    Any other solutions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by njames33 View Post
    Tried another cord and another USB plug but it's not moving past .05, mostly moving back and forth between .03 & .04.
    Any other solutions?
    Likely you still have a bad USB cable.

Contact support@mindplace.com to get this resolved.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

What's the actual recommended amp range for charging please?

Blog Entries

0.25A to 1.00A (or higher, depending on the USB power supply)
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: Kasina Not Charging or Holding Charge

I also had a charging problem today. I plugged my Kasina for several hours, and it did not charge at all ( as always, I used the cable and charger that came with the Kasina). Thanks to this thread, I saw about the "Service" display ! It showed that voltage was ok at over 4V , but Charge current was at 0.03 A, much too low.

Then, making tests with other chargers and cables, I have found that it was not the USB cable that was bad, but the charger ( the one I had with the Kasina, back in 2016, a 5V/1.0A charger, model XS-0501000W). Now, with another charger, my Kasina is charging normally, with 4,7V, and a good 0.87A.

Bottom line: check also the charger, not just the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
    I also had a charging problem today. I plugged my Kasina for several hours, and it did not charge at all ( as always, I used the cable and charger that came with the Kasina). Thanks to this thread, I saw about the "Service" display ! It showed that voltage was ok at over 4V , but Charge current was at 0.03 A, much too low.

Then, making tests with other chargers and cables, I have found that it was not the USB cable that was bad, but the charger ( the one I had with the Kasina, back in 2016, a 5V/1.0A charger, model XS-0501000W). Now, with another charger, my Kasina is charging normally, with 4,7V, and a good 0.87A.

Bottom line: check also the charger, not just the cable.
    Good point! Glad you got it to work.

Thread Information