Thread: Question about Kasina

1. Default Question about Kasina

Hello,
    I'm currently using the Procyon as a lucid dream induction tool to give myself light cues every 10 minutes or so when I'm (hopefully) in REM sleep. It works well for this, but I'd like to be able to add a synchronized audio cue in MP3 or WAV format. As far as I'm aware this isn't possible with the Procyon but I'm wondering if there's a way to do this with the Kasina? Any information on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by thoiter; 11-16-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about Kasina

Hello!

You could do this by feeding your audio into the AUX input on the Procyon to mix it with the internals sounds. If you don't want the internal sounds, you could always just plug your headphones into your audio source.
    If you want to make a file that contains audio AND light control, then you'd need to create an AudioStrobe file if you're using the Procyon.

If you want complete control, AND you want to have a single mp3 file that has audio and lighting control and can be played without any external equipment, you'd need to move up to a Kasina. You'd make a SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe file for it, using tools available.

Have a search on the forum for AudioStrobe and SpectraStrobe if you're unfamiliar with those formats.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Question about Kasina

Hi Andy,Thanks for the reply. I think I understand what you're saying, and if I can do this with audiostrobe it would be great. To be more clear on what I'm after, I want a short light cue (of my own design) the start of which could trigger (or be synchronized with) a spoken sentence in WAV or MP3 and I want this combined cue of light and sound to loop very 10 or 15 minutes, after an initial delay of 3 or 4 hours. I can do this in conjuction with PC if necessary, and I'd like to avoid using internal sounds if possible.
    If this is possible using audiostrobe on the Procyon, are there any good audiostrobe tutorials you could point me to as I've no experience with it.

Blog Entries

Interesting!

Are you thinking of a track that is many hours long that you play on your computer or MP3 player? How would you get that initial delay?

Creating AudioStrobe and SpectraStrobe tracks are not really for beginners. It's better if you have experience with music creation software and DAWs. If not, then you'll want to be ready to spend some time to learn how to use the tools. None are really "beginner friendly".

You would need 3rd party tools to create an AudioStrobe track. I don't believe there's any free ones.
    MindExplorer is one. That would allow you to create an AudioStrobe track that you can pipe into your Procyon from a computer or MP3 player via the AUX jack.

If you are interested in getting a Kasina and using SpectraStrobe, then there are some free VSTs that you can use with your favourite DAW.

I don't know of tutorials on this subject, do you know anyone who's into music creation?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi, my question is about the volume control of the Kasina. I want to set it higher than mid level and it wont move beyond that. Any hardware issues do you think? Thx.!

Greetings! The Kasina audio is factory set to EU loudness standards but you can change that in Settings/Audio. Select Max Volume and increase to (say) 47 and as usual press the middle button to lock that in. Max is 52, default 27, but using the max setting can introduce some noise. Enjoy!

Thread Information