Thread: Why presage

1. Default Why presage

Can you tell me why I should wait for the release of the Presage and not just buy the GSR Temp 2X from Thought Technologie?
    I know the product is not released yet, but will the Presage have a feedback/training software like Mind Games or VERIM?

Thank you for your reply.
    Regards
    Rashid23

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why presage

Hi Rashid,

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid23 View Post
    Can you tell me why I should wait for the release of the Presage and not just buy the GSR Temp 2X from Thought Technologie?
    I don't know anything about the GSR Temp 2X and so I can't comment on whether that would be a good buy for you or not. Nor do I know anything about Thought Technology. I don't know if they are as good of a company as Mindplace or if they offer as much tech support and as solid of a warranty. If you plan on running your biofeedback system in conjunction with the Procyon, then you should wait for the PreSage because I don't know if anything else would be compatible.

I know the product is not released yet, but will the Presage have a feedback/training software like Mind Games or VERIM?
    I do not believe it will be compatible with Mental Games. I do not know what "VERIM" is. I believe the idea behind the software with the PreSage is that it will be open code so that the "community" will be able to produce shareware program(s). Of course, any of this information can change between now and the release date. I apologize, I just don't have that much information to give you at the moment.

M.

3. Default Re: Why presage

Thank you for the reply.
    Thought Technology is one of leading manufacturer for bio- and neurofeedback equipment as far as I know. The GSR2 is an older design like the Thoughtstream so I am interested in the differences between the Thoughtstream and the Presage. What is new beside the temperature sensor and the compatibility with the Procyon?
    VERIM is a biofeedback training software like mental games. I don't have personal experience. I heard that the people that made the mental games now work on VERIM.
    Does what you say mean that there won't be any software for biofeedback together with the Presage if you don't have a Procyon?

Kind Regards
    Rashid23

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why presage

Hi Rashid,

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid23 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.
    Thought Technology is one of leading manufacturer for bio- and neurofeedback equipment as far as I know. The GSR2 is an older design like the Thoughtstream so
    Thanks for the explanation.

I am interested in the differences between the Thoughtstream and the Presage. What is new beside the temperature sensor and the compatibility with the Procyon?
    Unfortunately I do not have that information for you. The PreSage underwent a redesign since I last saw it and we have not received any new information on what the changes were or what features the new model has.

VERIM is a biofeedback training software like mental games. I don't have personal experience. I heard that the people that made the mental games now work on VERIM.
    Does what you say mean that there won't be any software for biofeedback together with the Presage if you don't have a Procyon?
    I believe that the PreSage software will run independent of the Procyon. It may be something in the form of a graph that allows you to see what your body is experiencing.

Mental Games is okay software. It's not software that we designed so we have no control over updates or improvements. I've used it a few times but never really got into it. Maybe because I didn't want to sit in front of my computer to play and/or I tired of the games. Though I'm not much of a "games" person so my opinion shouldn't carry much weight.

With a Nintendo Lite you can purchase a variety of "mind improving" games such as Brain Age, Big Brain Academy and Brain Boost. These are really good games to improve brain function overall. The graphics are nothing to write home about but the games are challenging. I do use this more than the Mental Games because it's portable and I can purchase and use a varity of games. I don't get the biofeedback benifit though but I do get the brain exercise benefit, which is something I'm more into at the moment.

Anyway, sorry I wasn't able to give you any more information about the PreSage - it's just too soon and that information is not available yet. As I mentioned earlier, I do believe that with the PreSage, anyone who can write programs will be able to write shareware programs that will work with the PreSage. That could be quite interesting as many good programs come about that way.

M.

Thread Information