Thread: "Kasina not mounted" in Kasina Basic Session Editor

1. Default "Kasina not mounted" in Kasina Basic Session Editor

Hi!
    I just received my Kasina yesterday and am still figuring it out, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. How do you mount the Kasina in the Kasina Basic Session Editor? I have attached the USB cable and selected the USB option from the main screen, but the editor app still shows "Kasina not mounted". I was able to update the firmware to 2.03, after experiencing the same problem with the stock firmware. I do see a drive named KASINA that contains the folder structure, but no files are present in the folders. I am also able to see the "Kasina MMS Audio" if that helps narrow it down.

Kasina Firmware 2.03
    Kasina Basic Session Editor 1.5.2
    Mac 10.13.3

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Kasina not mounted" in Kasina Basic Session Editor

Hello!

Are you able to see the sessions on your Kasina? i.e. Can you select the Sessions Tile on the Kasina and play sessions?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: "Kasina not mounted" in Kasina Basic Session Editor

Hi!

I am able to see the sessions and play them on the Kasina.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Very strange. When you say you "Selected USB" on the main screen, did you press the center button while on the USB tile? You need to press the center button after highlighting the USB tile.
    It sounds like you may have done that, but just wanted to be sure.

You say that when you connect it up and select USB on the Kasina, you do see a KASINA device on your Desktop? It should be named KASINA SD. Again, it sounds like you are seeing that device, but just confirming.
    If you open that device, there are no files listed? Can you take a screenshot for me of the folder structure in Finder?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: "Kasina not mounted" in Kasina Basic Session Editor

Hi Andy,
    Yeah, I had clicked the center button. It is showing up as KASINA instead of KASINA SD though, maybe that is the issue?

Also, I am able to see the files from when browsing KASINA folder through finder, when I checked yesterday I only saw the folder structure, but maybe I hadn't waited long enough.

Thanks!

6. Default Re: "Kasina not mounted" in Kasina Basic Session Editor

That was the issue. I mounted the SD card using the adapter and renamed it from "KASINA" to "KASINA SD", and it is now mounting correctly!

Thanks Andy!

Blog Entries

Oh, I'm glad you found the problem. I guess the Editor is expecting that folder to be named KASINA SD so it can recognized it properly.

Thank you for letting us know!
    -Andy.

Thread Information