Thread: Kasina, blue light and insomnia

Cool Kasina, blue light and insomnia

Hi all,
    I've not been about for ages but have quick query.
    Does my Kasina put out blue light in the sleep progs? I did a quick search and found a thread but it's a few years old. Basically, I suffer from quite bad insomina due to my fibro / sleep apnoea.
    I was wondering what's best to use?

Should I use a long session from the Sirius sessions or should I try to make up for lack of sleep (therefore lack of deep brainwave healing patterns) by using a long deep relaxation during the day? I think my brain is over stimulated. I do the wrong things at times when I cannot sleep, by watching or listening to you tube but I use orange glasses to cut out the blue light. I am taking Melatonin prescribed by my GP and going to start HTTP too.

I feel exhausted and finding weight loss difficult too, due I am sure to hormonal imbalance due to lack of deep restorative sleep. I have the ganzfield goggles too BTW.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.

Alison
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina, blue light and insomnia

Some sleep sessions may include blue light. If you would like to eliminate the blue, you can go into Settings/Visuals/Color Balance and reduce the Blue Left and Blue Right Settings, or set them all the way to 0.
    Remember when you've changed a setting to press the center button to save the setting. Pressing the left button will take you out of that setting and not save it.

Let us know if that helps!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

hello, did you guys ever considered using MMJ or CBD oils, Compounds in marijuana naturally relax your mind and body. The best weed for insomnia typically contains a high level of CBD. Research shows that marijuana can decrease the time it takes to fall asleep. It can also improve “deep wave” sleep cycles where we get the most rest. Trying medical marijuana strains like https://www.gyo.green/serious-seeds-...sir-bub-r.html for insomnia can help restore your natural brain chemistry. This may get you into a new routine, where falling asleep comes more easily. Just sharing have a nice day.

Recent studies at Northwestern University found that listening to very slow delta and sub-delta entrainment using 3-D sound modulation throughout the night can lead to more deep, restorative sleep. This is the basis of the sleep sessions brain.fm uses https://brain.fm/assets/pdfs/EEGSleepAnalysis.pdf. The problem is that headphones must be used to get the full effect. "Sleep Phones" which are sport headphones that are thin speakers positioned inside a headband are needed. I would recommend taking advantage of their free 5 session trial and try it out.

As far as light flashing goes, I just put the glasses on the nightstand on full intensity. I can stare at the lights as I drift off to sleep, or just let them cast an ambient light in the otherwise dark room.

5. Default Re: Kasina, blue light and insomnia

I think your best bet out of the box is tuning the color balance (like Andy pointed out)
    Or using KBS or AudioStrobe with either the pure 2. Red or (7/8/9 Red) presets depending on the audio channels of the file you're playing.

I typically listen on low volume and dim red setting before bed time, otherwise "night vision" can suffer.

I will also add that blue light on electronics, most often monitors also affects your melatonin secretion, e.g:
    https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/...iol.00165.2011
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3047226
    So if you are concerned do try to avoid them after dusk. Magnesium supplements also help.

I use rubylith covers like this one to help reduce them a bit.
    I wouldn't trust software only solutions like F.lux or redshift too much since LED monitors still have their backlight on after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    I feel exhausted and finding weight loss difficult too, due I am sure to hormonal imbalance due to lack of deep restorative sleep.
    IANAD, but I'd recommend doing a Free T3/T4 or at least a TSH blood test if you haven't yet lately. Those seem like symptoms of a thyroid disorder. Not to scare you too much as hypothyroidism seems easy and cheap to treat. Sleep apnea is also a thing but you've likely looked into that already.
    EDIT: Noticed the OP is pretty old but I'll leave this comment still here I guess :>
    Last edited by teteros; 06-28-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: noticed dates and typos

Hi Joe!
    Thank you so much for this post. I was wondering if you could help me out? I checked out the pdf from Northwestern you posted but was unable to find the music. I struggled with chronic insomnia for the past 16 months any help would be greatly appreciated. Warm regards, BLM

Quote Originally Posted by BLM View Post
    Hi Joe!
    Thank you so much for this post. I was wondering if you could help me out? I checked out the pdf from Northwestern you posted but was unable to find the music. I struggled with chronic insomnia for the past 16 months any help would be greatly appreciated. Warm regards, BLM
    Brain.fm uses the music in the study, or vice versa. They give a free trial, you can check it out https://brain.fm/. Brain.fm is sound only, if you want Audiostrobe or Spectrastrobe encoding, PM me.

8. Default Re: Kasina, blue light and insomnia

Here’s what I’ve seen work. Insomnia is a tough cycle to get out of and I feel like there’s tons of bad advice out there. Please talk to a doctor as well. I’m not one and I don’t play one on the internet.

For context: treating insomnia in the moment rarely works unless you use extremely powerful medication. Instead the goal should be lifestyle changes to lower the intensity/likelihood of the insomnia. I plan my days/weeks/months to avoid insomnia... I don’t just tackle it an hour before bed.

The first and most important step is to avoid caffeine all together. Caffeine affects you all day long and no matter how early you drink it there will still be some in your system by the time you go to bed. It’s also going to worsen anxiety, even if it makes things feel better in the moment. Most importantly if you have a caffeine tolerance and have either too much or too little caffeine it will cause anxiety.

Anxiety<->Insomnia are directly related. Anxiety also has a cumulative effect. It adds up over time and the higher the level and longer the anxiety lasts the more likely you are to have insomnia. If you can lower your stress level and duration you will lower your anxiety. That requires lifestyle changes. It mean taking breaks during the day, exercising, eating healthy and giving yourself time to decompress in a healthy way.

There isn’t a quick fix. You won’t immediately feel better, but you can get there eventually. For me it took almost a month of lifestyle changes before things started to change. I did a few things: stopped caffeine, ate less sugar, kept a clear to-do list, took longer lunches and made sure to leave the office for them, shut off phone notifications after 6pm, made sure my evenings had as much downtime as possible, scheduled outdoors/nature time and blocked out parts of my calendar with fake placeholders so people wouldn’t schedule meetings too frequently.

Everybody’s version of these lifestyle changes is different. The overarching goal is to reduce major stressors, maximize decompression time, and increase healthy lifestyle practices. You can’t do everything, so just focus on changes that will have the biggest impact for you. Try breaking it down to daily, weekly and monthly changes to give yourself some structure. Make a strategy and go for it.

This may not work for everyone but it worked great for me. I tried all the other simple stuff and none of it worked. But when I took a more strategic approach things started to get better.

Good luck and hold in there!

I have been struggling with insomnia for over a year now. At first, meditations helped me. I felt immediate relaxation and easily fell asleep. But now things have changed and meditations don't work as good. A few days ago I came across this blog http://www.melacomfort.co.uk/blogs/t...sleep-insomnia
    Their advice looks very simple but I'm going to try each of them.

10. Default Re: Kasina, blue light and insomnia

You can try out modalert. It might help as well. You can check out the site, they provide decent prices and fast delivery.

Thread Information